What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alphaville - Forever Young BD. Ordered from Importcds in June. Supposed to release 2 days ago but now listed as backordered with Aug. 19 delivery date. :(

Out of curiosity I just added a Yearly totals page to my spreadsheet, and :eek: wish I hadn't! All I will say is I have spent way more than that number but in £'s
So both of you guys have planned for the equivalent of a 4 to 5,000 dollar annual allotment in your retirement years for surround disc purchases? Don't forget to factor in cost-of-living/inflation adjustments of 3+ per cent yearly!

So both of you guys have planned for the equivalent of a 4 to 5,000 dollar annual allotment in your retirement years for surround disc purchases? Don't forget to factor in cost-of-living/inflation adjustments of 3+ per cent yearly!
I think I'll runout of space before I decide to retire (I get the UK state pension anyway as it wasn't worth deferring it, which at present is paying for the growing to-listen-to mountain, the electricity to run the hi-fi, and some beer!)

I think I'll runout of space before I decide to retire (I get the UK state pension anyway as it wasn't worth deferring it, which at present is paying for the growing to-listen-to mountain, the electricity to run the hi-fi, and some beer!)
You can always get a bigger flat, LOL! And I thought that beer always came first for surroundphiles like you and @beerking!

The scary part is it tells me I've spent $12,855 on music in 3 years.
You are looking at this all wrong....you are making investments...remember those audio fidelity SACD's...here is an example...and now the Dutton releases...they will be worth much more than what you paid for them...remember when we started buying surround discs....we had to pay a premium for those older releases...and guess what...there will be people new to the hobby and they are going to have the same problem as we did...and when they join or even "lurk" on the forum...where are they going to get the early discs....not discogs...not Ebay...the #1 seller on here...YOU....I'm not suggesting that you are going to make huge profits...BUT you should recoup a LOT of your investment

A little Fish!
Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 1.05.45 PM.png

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense BD-A
Ultravox - Vienna DVD-A
Pink Floyd - The Endless River DVD-A
Friedeman - Echoes Of A Shattered Sky BD-A
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust BD-A (September)

I got the new Jethro Tull Bursting Out reissue from Rarewaves UK, but unfortunately it came pretty dinted around the edges, which I would have put up with, but the main DVD disc also freezes no matter how much I clean it. They've promised me a replacement. Fingers crossed they are true to their words. I really don't feel like playing the other discs from the faulty version.
I'm looking forward to hearing this bookset properly! :( Hope it arrives soon! But no mention of a new dispatch from them.

Back