HiRez Poll Yes - FRAGILE [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Yes - FRAGILE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this brand new super deluxe edition of the classic album "Fragile" by Yes.
This super deluxe edition features a Blu-Ray Audio disc that includes brand new remixes of the album in Dolby Atmos, 5.1 surround, and stereo from Steven Wilson.

(y) :) (n)

Yes_Fragile_DLX_4000px%20%281%29%20%281%29.jpg

Yes_Fragile_DLX.jpg

A 10 for me. This is exactly what I want in an Atmos mix of a classic album… a beautiful enhancement of what’s there.

This was my first and still favorite Yes album, but aside from Mood For A Day, I wasn’t totally in love with the solo pieces over the years. But they come alive more now for me. They’re pieces that were made for surround. I might have gone even a bit bolder with some of them, but still enjoyable as is.

I do think there’s a small mix flaw in Roundabout with an Anderson background vocal phrase toward the end, but I need to go back to the original to confirm. It sounds like something got clipped or cut.

This brings a big smile to my face. So happy to own it. Bring on the next deluxe set.

EDIT: Yeah, there’s something a bit funky to me at about the 7:45 mark in Roundabout after “Ten true summers we’ll be there and laughing, too.” Right after that, there’s always been this two-syllable phrase Anderson says/sings kind of in the background. One syllable is in the left speaker, the other in the right. It seems half of it is missing in the Atmos, 5.1, and remix, but it’s in place in the remaster. And I can hear it properly in my old stereo version. Hardly a major thing and doesn’t change my score at all. Just one of those things where a song is so in your head after decades that a change sticks out.

One other thing... I know the Steven Wilson praise can seem a bit over the top here from time to time with all of us who appreciate his mixing work and giving the impression he can do no wrong. But he sure knows how to tackle classic prog albums, at least for my money.

Last edited:
I've been jamming with this title for the last 2 hours. I am fully shocked at how amazing this sounds. The impact from the height speakers is huge and I really wasn't expecting to hear such power there.

I really feel like I'm hearing this for the first time. It is NOTHING like any previous multi-channel version I've heard, and this is by far the go to version. No question.
This is a 10, and it's more of a 10 than any 10 I've voted on. I guess that makes it an 11. It's that great.

Of course, this is my opinion, so you know....

9+
An improvement over the earlier SW surround version of this album. I'm just not keen on SW's centre speaker dominating vocal Yes remixes, but I know I'm probably in the minority. Vocals mixed dead center works for fine for Jethro Tull, just not for Yes, to my ears anyway.
But still, great album and a stellar mix.

Back