2024 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I realise I'm taking a gamble Haiky but if it's successful, all good, if not, back it goes.
Still a bizarre way to publicise your deluxe package by not getting the hard facts of the Blu-ray content out there 🤷
One way or another we will find out.
🤞Surround or not, still a decent re-issue.

Talking about bizarre, we've seen even worse. Just recently, you put out a 20th anniversary box set with 4CDs and two blu-rays of a mega-seller record, yet you decide not to include the Atmos mix completed months (or even years) ago? I'm looking your way, Green Mana Day.

🤞Surround or not, still a decent re-issue.

Talking about bizarre, we've seen even worse. Just recently, you put out a 20th anniversary box set with 4CDs and two blu-rays of a mega-seller record, yet you decide not to include the Atmos mix completed months (or even years) ago? I'm looking your way, Green Mana Day.
Or I order it from Amazon UK
Crack the Skye (15th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) https://amzn.eu/d/8bbkAcn
Easier to return if not got a 5.1 mix
Agreed, though, a decent reissue 👍

Interesting that he specifically notes "Not trying to brick wall it".

On the basis of this statement I will order it from Rarewaves being the best price here in the UK (and I have a personal discount too, yay)
https://www.rarewaves.com/products/...UeXVHA6RiaaIgj5btjcf8r07raNsIudEaAla6EALw_wcB

To me, the only fact that supports the possibility of Crack the Skye BD-V containing a surround mix is that the last studio album got one. Kind of. Streaming only.
https://www.mixonline.com/recording/taking-a-mastodon-album-from-stereo-to-immersive

I was going to buy it to Amazon.fr because I was going to buy a couple of things and it was for less than 50€ combining shipping for all the products, however it reached that price at Amazon.es so I finally bought it here.

More info about the release:

https://cinapse.co/2024/10/spinema-...k-the-skye-15th-anniversary-le-vinyl-blu-ray/

There's no much about Blu-ray sound but I like this picture of the BD folder:

Blu-ray-Back.jpg

Here's a very detailed unboxing article about Mastodon's release (the vinyl + blu-ray combo in this case).

Absolutely zero mention about a surround mix either in the text or the packaging (except for that "Digital DTS Surround" logo 🤔 . The only chance would be: is the "soundtrack" of Crack The Skye: The Movie and Crack The Skye: The 10th Anniversary Tour Film the surround mix of the album?

edit: looks like we've posted the same link at the same time @Karonte 👍

Here's a very detailed unboxing article about Mastodon's release (the vinyl + blu-ray combo in this case).

Absolutely zero mention about a surround mix either in the text or the packaging (except for that "Digital DTS Surround" logo 🤔 . The only chance would be: is the "soundtrack" of Crack The Skye: The Movie and Crack The Skye: The 10th Anniversary Tour Film the surround mix of the album?

edit: looks like we've posted the same link at the same time @Karonte 👍

Total playing time of "Crack The Skye: 10th Anniversary Animation" and "Crack The Skye: The Movie" is 51' that is just the playing time of the album. So it seems the "movies" are simply the video album in surround. Well, I guess I will know tomorrow when I receive the 2CD+BD edition.

To me, the only fact that supports the possibility of Crack the Skye BD-V containing a surround mix is that the last studio album got one. Kind of. Streaming only.
https://www.mixonline.com/recording/taking-a-mastodon-album-from-stereo-to-immersive
Just received this reply Haiky, from Rarewaves.
I'm going to wait and see what other folk say.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your query.
Apologies for any confusion regarding this listing. We rely solely on the information that the manufacturer directly provides to the website. On this occasion, it looks as though the manufacturer has not included enough details to accurately address your query.
However, please be assured that if you do proceed with an order, our 30-day return policy gives our customers the necessary guarantee to return the product if it does not meet your expectations.
We are sorry that we are unable to offer any further information regarding this and we sincerely apologise for not being more specific.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to come back to us and we will do our best to assist.
Kind regards

Great customer service though.👍from Rarewaves.

Well they do list these contents on the Blu -ray

Disc 3 - BluRay:

The Making of Crack the Skye
Crack the Skye (The Movie)
Crack the Skye (10th Anniversary Animated Film)
High-Res Album Tracklist
What’s all the Dolby Atmos about on this? These days when the labels say “digital” to me it’s a gibe meaning ‘streaming only’. I’ve got a feeling if the BD had Atmos, they would be advertising it, but lamer things have happened 🤷‍♂️

Back