2024 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes some of those Broadcast Quality I guess you refer to are probably fine to play directly from YT guessing from what Ive read so far that most of this community seem to have tip-top monitors to play through
I found a YT channel "StereoIn" - this guy has "remixes"* of old Rolling Stones songs that seem to enhance the stereo aspect and I, being impressed at what he did, have DLed one or two from his channel even at the 480p rate (because downloaded YouTubes always end up at that quality no matter if you pick 1080p or 720p then share then into YTDownloader for the MP4 at said basic quality
IMvHO these couple Ive converted to just .wav audio tracks and then play still have a Stereo enhanced feel about them

Attachments

• YT stereoIn  .PNG
    YT stereoIn .PNG
    247.9 KB · Views: 0
ps those 2 in the screenshot are not the ones Iv DLed into dot wavs
the ones I chose are Rolling Stones songs and evidently he or she has done a helluva lot more work since

Yes some of those Broadcast Quality I guess you refer to are probably fine to play directly from YT guessing from what Ive read so far that most of this community seem to have tip-top monitors to play through
I found a YT channel "StereoIn" - this guy has "remixes"* of old Rolling Stones songs that seem to enhance the stereo aspect and I, being impressed at what he did, have DLed one or two from his channel even at the 480p rate (because downloaded YouTubes always end up at that quality no matter if you pick 1080p or 720p then share then into YTDownloader for the MP4 at said basic quality
IMvHO these couple Ive converted to just .wav audio tracks and then play still have a Stereo enhanced feel about them

I'll check it out when my Sub to YTD is about to run out
So tell me plz whats the yearlong subscription price on Wondershare?
IIRC, it’s a single purchase of about $40. Pricing is on their website.

About a year ago, they had some sort of update and my original purchase didn’t qualify. But it’s useful enough for its video editor that I sprung for it again.

I usually download TV coverage of the Indianapolis 500 mile race. I recorded this year’s race with a tuner card, but last year’s coverage started at the playing of “Taps”, so it missed a lot of the pre-race coverage.

It also lets you download just a stereo MP3 of a program. Since all uploads are done by users, content can be spotty.

What happened here in weeks #33 & #34?

A healthy dose of physical titles, briefly:
Bill Nelson (Quit Dreaming and Get on the Beam), Porcupine Tree (Fear of a Blank Planet), Hawkwind (Doremi Fasol Latido), Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers (Long After Dark),
also brand-new material from Devin Townsend (PowerNerd) and Uranienborg Vokalensemble (Fred over jorden).
Atmos batch #2 by Rhino is now available, including Seal's debut album and Chicago's greatest hits compilation IX, while Black Sabbath's Live Evil follows next Friday.
All those come on blu-rays, except for the 2L label still adding 5.1 SACDs.

Additionally, you can expect the next (#6) batch of Quadio in Mid-Rocktober already. Right, all four are supposed to be rockers.

As for Atmos downloads, let's start with two records already released on physical media:
Boris Blank - Resonance
Ian Thomas - How We Roll
Followed by these titles in order of appearance, 5.1 mixes included where indicated (*):
Lia Kuri - Cyclone
V. A. - Let the Song Speak, Vol. 1
Ummm - Middle Ages* (QQ members @stoopid & @Methuselah’s Grandpa collab!)
The Picture - We Are Not Myths*
Brian Baumbusch - Polytempo Music
York - Nightflight
Doug James - Cats in the Cradle*
Max Urban - Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, hate me because you love me* (available as a 5.1 FLAC only)
Jónsi - First Light*
Sara Lovell - The Days Underground
The Peterson Brothers - Experience
David Becker - Gravitationally Bound*
Global Love Unity Equity - Use Your Voice Global Collaboration (EP)

Majority of these downloads are also streaming in lossy Atmos format on Apple - you can check them out via these links in the Listening thread.

Oh, one more download, available on SurroundMusic.one, this time in 4.0 and 5.1 (mix by Jan Printz): Interstellar Sequence - Reflections of the Early Universe.

Watching and listening to Timewave zero.
How did this one escape us here on QQ?
Stunning graphics.
Great electronic music.
Good mix too.

View attachment 108176

Bought this based on your recommendation. 11.99 € only and it arrived today! Oddly enough I had also missed this release until it was mentioned here, despite knowing and appreciating the band.

Last edited:
Back