2024 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one physical addition in the last 7 days? Fortunately, that's not all:)

So, the only material title is a 55 year old Jack Bruce solo album Songs for a Tailor, mixed in 5.1 by none other than @Stephen W Tayler.

But perhaps, like me, you've overlooked the SACD releases of the classical label Base 2 Music, whose latest, early April release is Jean-Baptiste Monnot's Voyage, which was also available as a 5.1 DSD download.

Now, Atmos downloads via IAA are led this time by Susan Wong's new album, which was simultaneously released on SACD, and can be also downloaded in 5.1 (FLAC) and Auro-3D (WAV) formats. The rest comprises another Elektragaaz title this year, two mixes by Chris Bell (Tigermind and Hank Hehmsoth) and already fourth Atmos mix of an album in a row from A Bad Think (now in Auro-3D, too).
Mr Big - The Big Finish Live (BDA) importCD

live album. atmos. 4k ultra. this is the one to get.

evo88.com

My Cart: 0 item(s)
  • Home
  • Products
  • Mr Big -- The Big Finish Live (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Japan version) Pre-Order - Release Date: 6 Sep 2024
Ultra_Blu-Ray_with_Pin_Badge_Gift_170x163_crop_top.png

Mr.Big-TheBIGFinishLive_1_ff4cd1d0-39c6-4865-8997-b37ba7336ef2_170x163_crop_top.jpg

Mr Big -- The Big Finish Live (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Japan version) Pre-Order  - Release Date: 6 Sep 2024

Mr.Big-TheBIGFinishLive_1_ff4cd1d0-39c6-4865-8997-b37ba7336ef2_470x509_crop_top.jpg

Mr Big -- The Big Finish Live (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Japan version) Pre-Order - Release Date: 6 Sep 2024​

Availability: 81 items
SKU: EVOB2854U
Barcode: 4895241432873
Product type: Blu-ray
Vendor: EvoXS
Collections: Best selling products, Mr Big, New products, Pre-Order

$33.98

Quantity:

Add to cart
Add to the wishlist

• Product Description
  • Track List
  • Product Details
Configuration:4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
UPC: EVOB2854U
Selection Number:4895241432873
  • Video: Dolby Vision / HDR10 - All Regions.
  • Audio: Dolby Atmos in Dolby TrueHD, Auro-3D, Uncompressed PCM 2.0 (24 bit/ 96 KHz).
  • Features additional bonus footage - Behind The Scenes and Interviews.
  • Comes with button badge gift.
  • Includes booklet with photos.

New additions to the list for week #32:

First up, two standalone BD-As with Atmos: Tony Levin's solo album Bringing It Down to the Bass will be out in less than a month, and QQ member Franck Martin's Thanks for the Invite is available now.

Rhino's second batch of Atmos titles adds yet unspecified recordings by Seal and Chicago to Carly Simon's No Secrets BD-A, with a fourth title to follow shortly thereafter.

The releases of Jimi Hendrix, Tim Bowness and likely also Snarky Puppy and Tori Amos are postponed until later.

Marillion's Brave 4CD+BD deluxe set will see a repress hitting shelves on 9/20.

Finally, IAA has added the following artists for Atmos download: Tomemitsu, The Picture, Duncan Daniels, Silverada and Nathan Jacques (see this post to preview these on Apple).

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if anything multichannel is going to be included in the 15th anniversary reissue of Mastodon's Crack the Skye, which also gets released in a configuration with a Blu-Ray in October.
The 2CD+BD-V edition arrives on October 4 - unfortunately, the first listings don't support any idea of a multichannel material included:
Blu-Ray tracklist:
1. The Making of Crack the Skye
2. Crack the Skye (The Movie)
3. Crack the Skye (10th Anniversary Animated Film)
4. High-Res Album
Edit: Then again, there seems to be an Atmos mix coming to streaming platforms (via Rhino promo):
"The Digital Deluxe will also arrive on DSPs, including Dolby ATMOS mastering of the studio album."
1724145693956.png

Last edited:
I finally today got my new Mr. Big -TEN-.
I received the CD from Amazon, the two below discs from EVO.
EVO sent with signature required, I never went to Post Office to pick up, been about a month, and I was so lucky that is still there, even the postmaster was surprised, saying this should have been sent back weeks ago. The below are both stereo. I am a Mr. Big fan and I keep up with all, sort of.
THE LIVE-Big Finish is due Sept 6th and that is in 5.1 surround.
I hope IIA will sell a Atmos download, they have been good about it so far. @sjcorne . IAA SHOP

mail
Mr. Big -- Ten (MQA-CD Japan version) (Pre-order) release date: 12 July 2024 × 1
$16.98​
mail
Mr. Big -- Ten (SACD Japan version) (Pre-order) release date: 12 July 2024 × 1
$24.98​

I have read about the limits of youtubes audio quality the best one can get in a download (like with YT downloader) is 480p because of their compression
So quadrophonia from Youtube would be totally impossible from youtube. Even their special youtube music channel effort is also reported (in a reddit) to be the same 480p max quality deal I wouldnt go near another subscription service anyway away to hell with them grasping sum'bitches
But maybe someone in this here community has heard or come across something remarkably good or worth a listen to from free youtube - and then maybe from some of the artists mentioned recently
Can anyone quote me a YT channel/uploader that they would deign to have a casual listen to??

I don't know if this was mentioned here or on another thread but Jon Anderson & The Band Geeks' True is on Apple Music and the 1st two songs are mixed Dolby Atmos. The whole album drops tomorrow. I can't find a physical release of the Atmos mix, maybe it will be and SDE stand alone in the near future

I don't know if this was mentioned here or on another thread but Jon Anderson & The Band Geeks' True is on Apple Music and the 1st two songs are mixed Dolby Atmos. The whole album drops tomorrow. I can't find a physical release of the Atmos mix, maybe it will be and SDE stand alone in the near future

I just wish the album cover were better. I find it utterly atrocious 😕

Tim Sidwell (who does all Marillion's concert videos) just posted the message below on Facebook.
In other words: the follow up to the BR of the 2023 Marillion Weekend (this one) is nearly done and is set for release in November/December 2024. As per all previous BR releases, this will almost certainly have a 5.1 mix by Michael Hunter. Don't hold your hopes up for Atmos.
As you can see, this is D2C, but the first BR of the 2023 weekend got a retail release later (but with less content IIRC).
Over the next week or so we’re putting the finishing touches to the Friday night (and rest of Sunday) show from Marillion’s Port Zélande 2023 weekend. It’ll be out for Christmas via Racket Records and we can’t wait for you to see it!

Last edited:
I have read about the limits of youtubes audio quality the best one can get in a download (like with YT downloader) is 480p because of their compression
So quadrophonia from Youtube would be totally impossible from youtube. Even their special youtube music channel effort is also reported (in a reddit) to be the same 480p max quality deal I wouldnt go near another subscription service anyway away to hell with them grasping sum'bitches
But maybe someone in this here community has heard or come across something remarkably good or worth a listen to from free youtube - and then maybe from some of the artists mentioned recently
Can anyone quote me a YT channel/uploader that they would deign to have a casual listen to??
Wondershare has been able to download YT videos for ages. I think it costs $35 for a lifetime subscription. I’ve pulled several 1080 Indy 500 broadcasts from there using it, and got the surround channels, too.

I am sure most of us seek a physical edition of the new Jon Anderson album. Although it is less likely Frontier Records will issue a Blu-ray version with the Dolby Atmos mix, I think they could be persuaded to offer a download through a site like IAA. I strongly suggest contacting the label and letting them know that you are seeking a physical release, I have done this by sending an email to [email protected]

Buuuuut how the fuck 1080p? Youtube have to compress the shit out of any sound to 480p to stream
- do Wondershare have some magical de-compressor of the original shared track?
*This I read somewhere a year ago

Buuuuut how the fuck 1080p? Youtube have to compress the shit out of any sound to 480p to stream
- do Wondershare have some magical de-compressor of the original shared track?
*This I read somewhere a year ago
I don’t know many particulars, simce I’m not too terribly concerned about specs, but from my limited experience, YT has a fair amount of “broadcast quality” recordings. I usually watch them through my Roku. Surround happens sometimes, and image quality is fine. I haven’t seen any 3D, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they have some.

I know the older recordings on there can be terrible, but with the improved bandwidth of fiber and cable delivery, they can be fine.

Back