2025 Grammy for Immersive Audio Album - Who should win?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should win the 2025 Grammy Award for Best Immersive Audio Album?

• Billy Joel - Piano Man [Brad Leigh] (Streaming Only)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fish - 13th Star [Andy Bradfield & Avril Mackintosh]

• Frank Zappa - "Over-Nite Sensation" [Karma Auger and Erich Gobel]

• Big Big Train - "The Likes of Us" [Bruce Soord]

• Paul Young - "No Parlez" [David Kosten]

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
The 67th Grammy Awards will be held on February 2, 2025. Titles released from September 13, 2023 to August 30, 2024 are eligible. Nominees will be announced on November 8.

With that in mind I thought it might be fun to do a poll to see who everyone thinks should win the Best Immersive Audio Album Grammy. Of course, as we've seen in years past, many of the nominees are often titles that weren't even on most of our radars. But let's give it a shot and see if we come close. The poll function only allows ten choices, so I chose eight titles that scored very high in our polls plus two streaming-only titles that generated a good bit of chatter. I only allowed one entry per mixer, otherwise the choices would have been dominated by guys named Stephen/Steven. :love::sneaky:

Lots of good contenders but I’m voting for Hans-Martin Buff’s mix of i/o as its a great example of working in the immersive space first and foremost.

Human’s Lib, Avalon, Piano Man, Fragile, 13th Star, Over-Nite Sensation, and No Parlez have existing stereo (and even some surround) mixes from the past to inform and build off of for their Atmos mixes. Where as i/o, if we believe Buff at his word, was made without listening to any of the other two stereo mixes for comparison. As a result, its an album unchained from the legacy of the past and a fresh canvas to mix with

Back