3D TV & Blu-Rays

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a 3D viewer, all this talk about discounted 3D movies got me excited, so I cruised over to Amazon to see what's availably, and to my surprise, I see some for under $10 apiece. . Haven't bought any 3D DVD's in years as my cable box has 40+ 3D movies available.
**Place movies your interested in, in your cart, and acouple days later I received a notice of a new lower price**
So my movies show up yesterday and I pull out my glasses and load up a movie and...............My player says No Disc....WTF

Try all of them, nada, by opening, then closing to get the player to reread I was able to get as far and the first 2 minutes of the disc's. So I pull my player out, unplug all cables and take the cover off. I use a q tip and alcohol and clean the "eye", still nothing. It played regular 2D Blu Rays and even my Rhino Blu Ray Music disc's. So I dig out my old 3D disc and one loaded and played but the picture kept freezing and the others wouldn't read......scratching my head

Any ideas?????

From what you've described, it could be a number of things. The first thing to rule out is to check the disc cases and make sure that the 3D discs in question are all labeled as "Region A" or "Region A,B,C." This is assuming you do not have a region free player and yours is locked to the USA. If one of your discs is labeled "Region B," depending on the player, it can sometimes trigger that "No Disc" error message instead of indicating that the disc is designed to play in another region message. Once you get the "No Disc" error message, it is entirely possible that any or all subsequent 3D Blu-rays will also not play. This is due to the player not being able to resolve the region error message on its own. Power down the player and unplug it. Wait at least a minute and power it back on. Go to the player's settings and if it includes an option to "Restore Factory Settings" or something along those lines, do it. Then, turn off the player and turn it back on. Now try playing a known "Region A" 3D Blu-ray. If you still get the "No Disc" message, then it most likely is a problem with the electronics and the player needs to be repaired. Even though you opened the player and cleaned it, etc., by not restoring factory defaults, the error may still be locked in the player's memory or cache. I hope this helps.

From what you've described, it could be a number of things. The first thing to rule out is to check the disc cases and make sure that the 3D discs in question are all labeled as "Region A" or "Region A,B,C." This is assuming you do not have a region free player and yours is locked to the USA. If one of your discs is labeled "Region B," depending on the player, it can sometimes trigger that "No Disc" error message instead of indicating that the disc is designed to play in another region message. Once you get the "No Disc" error message, it is entirely possible that any or all subsequent 3D Blu-rays will also not play. This is due to the player not being able to resolve the region error message on its own. Power down the player and unplug it. Wait at least a minute and power it back on. Go to the player's settings and if it includes an option to "Restore Factory Settings" or something along those lines, do it. Then, turn off the player and turn it back on. Now try playing a known "Region A" 3D Blu-ray. If you still get the "No Disc" message, then it most likely is a problem with the electronics and the player needs to be repaired. Even though you opened the player and cleaned it, etc., by not restoring factory defaults, the error may still be locked in the player's memory or cache. I hope this helps.
Thanks for the tips, and yes the discs are marked ABC.
I did see a restore to factory reset. I'll give it a shot

I have 23 3D Blu-Ray titles and my two favorites are The Walk and The Martian. Both of my TV's are 3D capable, the main TV is a LG OLED a 55EA8800 which uses passive eye glass viewing and my bedroom TV is a Panasonic LCD a TCL37DT30 active eye glass viewing. They both provide an excellent 3D viewing experience. However, the LG OLED provides the best viewing overall.

Went shopping for a new 3D Blu-ray Player and found the picking are slim. Found a Sony BDP-6700 at Walmart, that checked the right boxes, with a, put in cart to see price. To my surprise it is $99!
The Panasonic, which was bought with my Plasma 3D TV must be 20yrs old?????
Anyway, watched acouple 3D movies last night, and I honestly forgot how good the 3D home experience is. While no "gotcha" moments where you move your head to miss something jumping off the screen like my nature 3D's are.
Toy Story 2, had a few LOL moments for me, as Iam in my 4th childhood 😅

Side note, owners manual shows it plays SACD's, which makes it a good bang for the money.....
Back in the 3D game baby!!!!

Attachments

• 20240821_072602.jpg
    20240821_072602.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
I haven't had much experience with 3D movies, but 3D games I'm all too familiar with. Low framerates are a problem but I'm used to them. For anything 3D you definitely need at least a native 48fps for your eyes not to hurt, methinks. Plus there's that entire console where all the games are 3D, the Nintendo 3DS! Metal Gear Solid 3 and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance are definitely demo-worthy games in the 3D department, I remember being blown away when they first came out.

I do know some 3D discs are faked...sometimes you can tell, sometimes you can't...

Movies aren't the only thing in 3D! There have been quite some odd things released in 3D over the years, like Blue Man Group skits and some music videos, not to mention some CollegeHumor content as well (for some...odd reason).

I haven't had much experience with 3D movies, but 3D games I'm all too familiar with. Low framerates are a problem but I'm used to them. For anything 3D you definitely need at least a native 48fps for your eyes not to hurt, methinks. Plus there's that entire console where all the games are 3D, the Nintendo 3DS! Metal Gear Solid 3 and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance are definitely demo-worthy games in the 3D department, I remember being blown away when they first came out.

I do know some 3D discs are faked...sometimes you can tell, sometimes you can't...

Movies aren't the only thing in 3D! There have been quite some odd things released in 3D over the years, like Blue Man Group skits and some music videos, not to mention some CollegeHumor content as well (for some...odd reason).
I’m not a gamer by a long shot - retirement keeps me waaaaay too busy for that sort of time sink. But I’m open to plenty of alternative media, at least for a shot. Any idea where to find that stuff you mentioned?

My 3DTV can fake 3D. I’ve played with it, but haven’t used it in ages.

I’m not a gamer by a long shot - retirement keeps me waaaaay too busy for that sort of time sink. But I’m open to plenty of alternative media, at least for a shot. Any idea where to find that stuff you mentioned?

My 3DTV can fake 3D. I’ve played with it, but haven’t used it in ages.
I'm not sure the other media I mentioned is accessible anymore...some of that stuff was promo only or distributed only on 3D capable devices for a limited time (like the 3DS) so I'm not sure if any re-uploaded made its way to YouTube or anything.

I know the Blue Man Group Shorts made its way over to YouTube in 2D.

I'm not sure the other media I mentioned is accessible anymore...some of that stuff was promo only or distributed only on 3D capable devices for a limited time (like the 3DS) so I'm not sure if any re-uploaded made its way to YouTube or anything.
Thanks. I got my 3Dtv about a week before FIOS quit having a handful of 3D channels. I’d seen a few sports channels that had split screen 3D before I got the set. I actually got to watch all of two movies in 3D before they dropped the channels completely. Since then, every 3D show I’ve seen has come from my Oppo.

Back