4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the clarification. I hope Rhino fix the misprinted label before release day.

Only 3 titles for me in October,

- Holiday
- Sundown
- Spinners

Pass on Mingus, not my cup of tea.

Regards,
It might actually make sense for you to buy the bundle of 4, maybe, since it's at a reduced price. Only about 5 bucks more to buy the set than each of the 3 individually.
Screenshot_20230922-095632.png

Last edited:
Great news, i am getting Gordon Lightfoot and America, not interested in the others.

I knew if I finally obtained a copy of the quad reel of Sundown that the quad mix would finally get release on a digital format lol (I don't have a way to play quad reels yet though despite having acquired a few). I'm definitely super excited especially for Sundown (probably my favorite quad mix) and Holiday. I'm going to buy all four of these releases.

I’m happy for everyone who were waiting for these artists on Quadio but I’m not interested in the new Quadio releases. I was hoping for either Randy Newman - Good Old Boys or Jackson Browne - Late for the Sky which are two classics IMO. Maybe I’ll get my wish on the next series of Quadio releases.

These titles are too close to my tastes to not buy all four. In the early 2000's when DVD-As, DTS CDs and SACDs were easily found I passed on too many that I later wish I'd purchased - and sometimes I'd spend a stupid amount to get them later.
ahh.. buyer's remorse and the FOMO runs high in this hobby indeed! 😅👀

not damning it with faint praise at all because i really enjoy it but let's just say it's not background music..!! 😅
Neither is Yes. I have to really be in the mood for Yes, otherwise I can't deal with them. But when I'm in the mood, I'm really zeroed in. (Invariably, Mrs. Surround will come into the room with some sort of distraction like, "Let's go get ice cream?" I crumble.) :ROFLMAO:

Neither is Yes. I have to really be in the mood for Yes, otherwise I can't deal with them. But when I'm in the mood, I'm really zeroed in. (Invariably, Mrs. Surround will come into the room with some sort of distraction like, "Let's go get ice cream?" I crumble.) :ROFLMAO:
I'm a huge classic Yes fan, but "let's go get ice cream" might even derail a session where I'm really gettin' into, say...their "Close to the Edge" release!😁

Three of these have been on my 'don't think we'll ever see 'em' wishlist! Would like to substitute Seals & Crofts for the Mingus, but three outta four ain't bad!
Sundown is just about the best news I could’ve received this morning! Fantastic! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!
Gordon and the Spinners will be fun. America = meh. But Mingus? Oh god why this? WHY??!
Well I’m certainly not as thrilled with this batch as the last one but I will probably get them all. They are reasonably priced and I do find the 70s quad mixes to be adventurous.
Not as impressive a list as last time but i'll take all four. Sundown is the highlight. I'm not a big fan of The Spinners although I did buy the CD-4 back in the day, never played it much. America is an OK choice. I've never heard nor even heard of Charles Mingus. Jazz? It might prove to be a sleeper!
Sundown is #1 out of this bunch, for me anyway ;) This album was one of my favorite CD-4 LP's. Gordon Lightfoot was a great songwriter-singer-musician. SO GLAD Rhino selected Sundown for this batch, a nice tribute since his passing May 1. And when we get this,, I suggest listening to several other songs before Sundown which received tons of airplay back then. Try Watchman's Gone & Seven Island Suite. - superlative in quad plus very neat songs.

All 4 of these are top choices. I can't wait!!!
well. its a good day !! And ? it is literally World Rhino day today.........I kid you not.
Ill buy all 4! Hell Yes !

World Rhino Day is celebrated on September 22 every year! This special day provides the opportunity for cause-related organizations, NGOs, zoos, and QQ members ...
It's still pretty early yet but there are enough quadiophiles who want some of them or all of the new batch that it looks like another home run for Rhino. We all recall that even for the last batch there were folks who only wanted one or only two of the four discs. Many others just grabbed three out of four, and then a ton said heck yeah, I'll take all since there is a bundle deal.

And that is what it is supposed to be about, four things offered that most everyone can find something to like in these new titles even if not all of them work for you.

Last edited:
I'm in on all four. These are albums I never heard before, so it's "new for me" music in glorious quad. I've heard the hits that spawned from these albums on the local AM radio station but never heard these albums in their entirety. These are not my first choice but they seem like they're all solid albums that are very low on filler or no filler tunes at all. I hope Average White Band's AWB and Bread's Baby I'ma Want You shows up in round 3! Thank you Rhino!

Back