4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listened to all four new releases on Q8 last night.
Holiday- always been a favorite due to Tin Man. All the songs are good and mix is excellent imo.
Sundown- fine album. Hadn’t listened to this in a while and liked hearing these tunes. Good quad mix.
Mingus- I’m not a big jazz fan but I like this. It will be a pleasant surprise. He was to jazz what Willie Dixon was to the blues.
Spinners- to me this is the weakest of the four. So- so tunes and meh mix.
Overall it made for a nice musical evening.

Eclectic selection, got to see if there is a bundle discount this time.
Kinda funny that America has three album in surround, one on each format: Homecoming (dvd-a) Hearts (sacd) and now Holiday (bluray). Says a lot about the need for a modern universal player.... or ripping.

BTW, for all i know all four titles have no export limitation as it was for Paranoid, so i hope these will be available with shipping from Europe.

Not just a grain... a whole bag.

I was 99.9% sure that never happened, but .1% wondering if I somehow missed it. I’m more just amused to think how Google’s AI came up with that “fact”.

For the record, I would buy a bundle with Spectrum, Miami, Captain Beyond and any of the S&C titles.
I would buy a Blu-Ray with the original Quad mix of JUST the “Speed King” single by Seals & Crofts 🤪

From the lyrics of "When You Leave", from Sparks' latest album, "The Girl Is Crying In Her Latte":

"They'll be breaking out the good music when you leave
The Stylistics, the Spinners, the Delfonics..."
One, two, three, four
I don't know much about dancin'
That's why I got this song
One of my legs is shorter than the other
And both my feet's too long
'Course now right along with 'em
I got no natural rhythm
But I go dancin' every night
Hopin' one day I might get it right
I'm a dancin' fool .....

One, two, three, four
I don't know much about dancin'
That's why I got this song
One of my legs is shorter than the other
And both my feet's too long
'Course now right along with 'em
I got no natural rhythm
But I go dancin' every night
Hopin' one day I might get it right
I'm a dancin' fool .....
I JUST played this for some young friends last month. They loved it!
I may be totally wrong, but I'm a... 😄

No. Spinners were on Atlantic. Hence the Rhino release. ;)
Maybe you're referring to Philadelphia International, which was the label of producers Gamble & Huff that the O'Jays were on. But I'd argue that Philly Soul is generally accepted as a term meaning a specific style of soul music, not limited to any particular record label. As @Clement pointed out, the Spinners are often referred to as a Philly Soul group.

From Wikipedia:
"Philadelphia soul, sometimes called Philly soul, the Philadelphia sound, Phillysound, or The Sound of Philadelphia (TSOP), is a genre of late 1960s–1970s soul music characterized by funk influences and lush instrumental arrangements, often featuring sweeping strings and piercing horns. The genre laid the groundwork for disco by fusing the R&B rhythm sections of the 1960s with the pop vocal tradition, and featuring a slightly more pronounced jazz influence in its melodic structures and arrangements."

I see that a few people have asked the question but I couldn't find an answer; do we know when these will be available for pre-order? We're almost into October but perhaps I have misinterpreted the subject title of the thread. Are they shipping in October or just available to pre-order in October?

Many thanks!

P.S. I wasn't too familiar with these albums but having listened to them on YT, I think I'm in for all four!

I see that a few people have asked the question but I couldn't find an answer; do we know when these will be available for pre-order? We're almost into October but perhaps I have misinterpreted the subject title of the thread. Are they shipping in October or just available to pre-order in October?

Many thanks!

P.S. I wasn't too familiar with these albums but having listened to them on YT, I think I'm in for all four!
No preorder, but I believe you can order the titles when they come out on Friday, October 13th. (If I'm wrong on the date, please someone, correct me.)

No preorder, but I believe you can order the titles when they come out on Friday, October 13th. (If I'm wrong on the date, please someone, correct me.)
Oh for some reason I had the 16th date in my mind. Maybe subconsciously I didn’t want it to be “Friday the 13th” but it’s good that I’m not superstitious!

Last edited:
Back