4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be disappointed if any of my jewel cases are damaged but it won’t be something that I get that upset over.

First off, I’ve had plenty damaged over the years when I order from Amazon. It’s the down side of ordering via the internet and not a B&M store.

Secondly, I refuse to let something that can be replaced for a few dollars, ruin my day.

As long as the discs are fine then it’s all good.
Yeah, whoever designed the CD and SACD jewel cases should get a razzie award. It’s surprising to me that they, in spite of their obvious flimsy design, are still in use after 30 years. Maybe that’s why physical media is dying.

Question for @ForagingRhino

I’m listening to “Sundown” right now, and this sounds so crisp and clear as if it was recorded yesterday. Presumably these quad masters have been virtually untouched for ~50 years. Have there been any problems with dealing with tapes this old? Oxidation? Bleeding? Flaking?

Any restoration work needed?
Got lucky with Gordon. No issues whatsoever with the transfer.

Yea torn inserts is the big problem that cant be fixed.
Agree that replacement cases can be found. There is a post in one of the threads that lists suppliers for them.
Well shipping went faster this time maybe by the third Quadio bundle they will figure out how to ship without cracking the cases....

Yeah, whoever designed the CD and SACD jewel cases should get a razzie award. It’s surprising to me that they, in spite of their obvious flimsy design, are still in use after 30 years. Maybe that’s why physical media is dying.
It’s a very minor contributor at best(worst?). Vinyl and cassettes, of course, are enjoying a revival. Vinyl is, no doubt, helped by the fact that people love album jackets in all their tactile and readable glory. Retro is also cool again, as demonstrated by low fi cassettes, digital cameras and “Polaroids.”In fact, I recently attended a wedding where they had a Polaroid-style camera next to the guestbook. Guests were encouraged to take photos of themselves and post them in the book, along with writing a short comment of well wishes.

Last edited:
Yea torn inserts is the big problem that cant be fixed.
Agree that replacement cases can be found. There is a post in one of the threads that lists suppliers for them.
Well shipping went faster this time maybe by the third Quadio bundle they will figure out how to ship without cracking the cases....
As they say, third time is a charm 😁

Don't tell 4ears there's a cassette revival he'll blow a gasket :LOL:
Ralphie is still waiting for Betamax to come back.
JEFFIE AND MR E, My Nakamichi cassette deck and Beta Hi Fi are both enjoying a well deserved retirement, thank you!

Just hope RHINO addresses the channel imbalance issues with SPINNERS!

And of course look forward to the next batch!

please let it include Bette Midler's THE DIVINE MISS M??????

I technically ordered before ‘day 1’ as I logged in around 11:50 ish pm and there they were already, I ordered them and the transaction was finished before midnight with a confirmation emailI stamped11:56 on 10/12, hear nothing till I finally contacted them on the 17th and, low and behold, they ‘magically’ just shipped that day. As of today mine are still not here, floating about in the USPS ether somewhere! 🤨
It could be worse…you could have ordered on Day 1, then be jealously reading about everyone getting their bundles before you…only to realize that your original order (using Apple Pay) got hung up & never went through.
Egads!
The horror! 😱
Successfully ordered today the old fashioned way - by pecking in my credit card digits 💳 🎶👍🏼

dLLPsNf.jpg

Rhino Quadio in the House!!!

:):):)

Regards,

That's gotta be the BEST rum bar outside of Cuba , maybe we should call that "Little Havana".

Or maybe " Four Pink Elephants".

Actually, this year the 4th week of Advent is only one day from Saturday evening 12-23 to Sunday evening 12-24. So, it's 22 days 😂

That's gotta be the BEST rum bar outside of Cuba , maybe we should call that "Little Havana".

Or maybe " Four Pink Elephants".

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

xJYuksi.jpg

cW6qUjD.jpg

TK5PZJO.jpg

"Little Havana", great name! but it's called "The Rum Runner Bar"

I'm glad you like it

By the way, the 4 new Quads from Rhino sounds wonderful.

Regards,

Last edited:
Back