4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recall a print ad where Arthur Fiedler, long-time conductor of the Boston Pops, said something like “I can’t tell the difference” between a live performance and a 78 rpm record!

An aside, we went to a classical performance a couple of weeks ago, and in the lobby were a string trio, and even before I saw them, I could tell it was live and not recorded, even though the performers were teenagers.
Imagine going to a concert and hearing pops and hisses. You look out to the orchestra, and spot, way off in the corner, a gramophone with a microphone pointed at it. It was all a ploy. The musicians are paid actors.

Well, mine just arrived today, via the Royal Mail postman. :SG
Ordered the bundle on day of release.

And , ahem, sent from a UK address!!

All in pristine condition

I did receive a Rhino shipping notice and a tracking number via email.
I've been inputting the tracking number, constantly, to check the parcels progress.

Very sorry for those who have not heard a thing or received their's yet.

Last edited:
Just for others that may be waiting, I'm in the UK and Rhino informed me that my bundle shipped on the 13th (the day I placed the order). I didn't get a tracking number or a shipping notification e-mail.
I ordered on the 14th, I did get a shipping email on the 17th with a tracking number.
Here is it's progress as of a couple of minutes ago:
upsTrack.jpg

Just for others that may be waiting, I'm in the UK and Rhino informed me that my bundle shipped on the 13th (the day I placed the order). I didn't get a tracking number or a shipping notification e-mail.

EDIT: they have just arrived, no damage to jewel cases.
Great news.....and nothing further to trouble your wallet?

All four Quadios from the new batch just received (i'm in the UK).
No cracked cases or damage.
Ordered on first day. I did not receive any dispatch notification or tracking info - just waited patiently for these beauties to drop.
Listening to Gordon now and absolutely loving it!
Well done Rhino!!

Just listened to all 4 of the quadio gems...Spinners needs a replacement disc, as I've read elsewhere.
Never heard these albums before.
Gordon's is terrific
America's is excellent (almost the Beatles 4 years after they split)
Charles Mingus is superb
Spinners, as I previously said but great music...like the twinkly graphics!!

I'm surprised those outside the US are already getting theirs. Mine seems to be on the same slow stagecoach as last time. I ordered Oct. 13 A.M. and so far the tracking is this:

1698240844514.png

Last time it was handed off between UPS and USPS several times before it reached customs, and it appears the same thing is happening again. If it was sent regular mail, it would likely get here in 2 weeks, not 4.

Just listened to all 4 of the quadio gems...Spinners needs a replacement disc, as I've read elsewhere.
Never heard these albums before.
Gordon's is terrific
America's is excellent (almost the Beatles 4 years after they split)
Charles Mingus is superb
Spinners, as I previously said but great music...like the twinkly graphics!!
Am playing Gordon as we speak, Mike and it does sound like Lightfoot's in the room ..... very tastefully discrete! The Mingus BD~A, IMO, is a revelation. Hope when the next batch drops around February of 2024, Rhino includes another Jazz title. And foraging rhino did indicate that a 'fix' is upcoming for the SPINNERS BD~A ... and no doubt that too, will sound superb.

Was the 50 year wait worth it? Unequivocally a big YES! And hopefully, a JONI and CARLY box set will be on the RHINO agenda ...... Those would be too good to pass up!

Back