4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.... If new mixes of old titles are being considered for future Quadio releases, how about Yes's 90125? About 19 minutes into this new interview with Trevor Rabin, Trevor states that 90125 and its associated recordings have all just been acquired by Rhino. Also, when asked about possibly doing a deluxe box set, Trevor seemed to like the idea. Any chance of this @ForagingRhino?

I'm going to reply, again. 90125 is an absolute GEM of an album. Especially those of us who heard this in our younger years. An Atmos or minimally, a 5.1 of this album would just be epic. Especially, if they could tone down the treble, and kick up the bass.....imagine!!!

I'm going to reply, again. 90125 is an absolute GEM of an album. Especially those of us who heard this in our younger years. An Atmos or minimally, a 5.1 of this album would just be epic. Especially, if they could tone down the treble, and kick up the bass.....imagine!!!
Such a great album. I hope a surround mix happens some day.

My only Yes concert was on that tour, probably not far from you at University of Illinois Assembly Hall.

I may still have a file from 4 years ago of a 5.1 mix of Owner of a Lonely Heart. There’s someone on this forum (I think) who knows much more about that mixing, who was involved, and why we didn’t get a surround mix of the album.

I hope that over time the situation has changed and we might get a surround mix of 90125. But I’m not sure I want Rabin to be involved other than giving input to someone else who would do the actual mixing.

I may still have a file from 4 years ago of a 5.1 mix of Owner of a Lonely Heart. There’s someone on this forum (I think) who knows much more about that mixing, who was involved, and why we didn’t get a surround mix of the album.

I hope that over time the situation has changed and we might get a surround mix of 90125. But I’m not sure I want Rabin to be involved other than giving input to someone else who would do the actual mixing.

As I posted a few pages back "Owner of a Lonely Heart" was released as an official Rhino DVD 5.1 audio track on the Mercedez Benz Demo disc given away with 2012 MB's (I think)

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/mercedes-benz-signature-sound-dvd.16511/

As I posted a few pages back "Owner of a Lonely Heart" was released as an official Rhino DVD 5.1 audio track on the Mercedez Benz Demo disc given away with 2012 MB's (I think)

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/mercedes-benz-signature-sound-dvd.16511/
I think I saw that and totally forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

Back to the Quadio... thanks to all who said any of us on the fence should take a chance with the Mingus title. Finally listened to it yesterday and it is really good. I’m glad I listened to everyone who spoke up for it.

I think I saw that and totally forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

Back to the Quadio... thanks to all who said any of us on the fence should take a chance with the Mingus title. Finally listened to it yesterday and it is really good. I’m glad I listened to everyone who spoke up for it.
Agreed.
I might not have bought it if not for the bundle deal.
Wow. WOW!!!
A Quadraphonic tour de force 🤩

Agreed.
Wow. WOW!!!
I'm not necessarily a Mingus fan, but I had a hunch the disc would sound great, and I also had a hunch I would really enjoy it. I also suspect I need to listen again, and crank it up.

Agreed.
Wow. WOW!!!
I'm not necessarily a Mingus fan, but I had a hunch the disc would sound great, and I also had a hunch I would really enjoy it. I also suspect I need to listen again, and crank it up.

Mingus is the type of music that I can only listen to when I'm in the mood for it. I must say, however, that the excellent quadraphonic presentation puts me in the mood for it more often than if it was just stereo.

Funny story: Being totally unfamiliar with Mingus, I've got the first track playing and I'm asking myself why did they put him in the right rear speaker. Then I looked at the liner notes and realized that he was a bass player. Oh. :)

Last edited:
I'm enjoying these discs vicariously–USPS has yet to receive the package from Rhino, whose customer service rep told me they sent it off 15 days ago and asked me to be patient for up to 8 weeks. Until my Quadios arrive, i do appreciate reading all you have to say about them! I'm patient. I'm patient. I'm patient. . . . Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

Last edited:
I'm enjoying these discs vicariously–USPS has yet to receive the package from Rhino, whose customer service rep told me they sent it off 15 days ago and asked me to be patient for up to 8 weeks. Until my Quadios arrive, i do appreciate reading all you have to say about them! I'm patient. I'm patient. I'm patient. . . . Stay Surrounded, Comrades!
Where are they I wonder, mine arrived on this side of the pond last week!

Where are they I wonder, mine arrived on this side of the pond last week!
I'm guessing they are trapped in postal purgatory. When i explained to the Rhino rep that many of my QQ comrades, even ones on your side of the pond, had received their copies, she encouraged me to write back if i don't have them 8 weeks after receiving my shipping notice. It's not like i don't have enough multichannel music to play continuously for the next six weeks! I'm patient. I'm patient. I'm patient. . . .

Mingus is the type of music that I can only listen to when I'm in the mood for it. I must say, however, that the excellent quadraphonic presentation puts me in the mood for it more often than if it was just stereo.

Funny story: Being totally unfamiliar with Mingus, I've got the first track playing and I'm asking myself why they put him in the right rear speaker. Then I looked at the liner notes and realized that he was a bass player. Oh. :)
He was also a piano player! :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mingus_Plays_Piano

Funny story: Being totally unfamiliar with Mingus, I've got the first track playing and I'm asking myself why they put him in the right rear speaker. Then I looked at the liner notes and realized that he was a bass player. Oh. :)
Given his ego, I wonder what he thought about being placed in the right rear. 🤔

Last edited:
I'm guessing they are trapped in postal purgatory. When i explained to the Rhino rep that many of my QQ comrades, even ones on your side of the pond, had received their copies, she encouraged me to write back if i don't have them 8 weeks after receiving my shipping notice. It's not like i don't have enough multichannel music to play continuously for the next six weeks! I'm patient. I'm patient. I'm patient. . . .
I was fortunate with this bundle, as I was with the first one. I ordered bundle #2 on October 18, and it appeared in my mailbox (which is in central Kentucky) on October 25, so exactly one week total. Only one relatively small crack, on the back of the Mingus case, and the hinge of the Spinners case pops out of place too easily, but there's no damage to the discs themselves.

In an ironic, perhaps perverse twist, I'm not going to listen to them until Christmas, because I told my wife that any music I purchase from October through December 24 I'll put aside for her to put out for me under the tree. As you say, Clement, there's plenty to listen to in the meantime! These self-imposed lessons in delayed gratification are good for me. Or so I'm trying to convince myself...

I received bundle #2 in the UK today, after being shipped on 17th October. Very happy with the delivery time, and for only very minor damage to one of the spines.

Looking forward to listening to these and discovering all 4 albums for the first time.

Roll on bundle #3 (and hopefully a Chicago repress!)

Back