4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20230609_095921_Google.jpg

Blue and White [My Best Guess for ATLANTIC RECORDS QUADIO]

R.02046d83a0f944a6a6932ce35c4ee572
I'm glad to see this J. Geils Band Quad is coming. "Bloodshot" might soon follow (?)

The only Quad album I ever heard on a Quad system in the '70s was "J. Geils Band - Bloodshot". I sure hope "Bloodshot" gets released in the next set of four Quadios.

edit 6/30/2023
It is quite possible the "Bloodshot" LP I heard on a friend's Quad system back in the '70s was stereo. I was still very impressed. This was nearly 50 years ago, the Quad System and LP were not mine, and my memory of this event is likely flawed. I'm adding this edit because I see on Discogs the only Quad version of "Bloodshot" is a CD-4 LP Test Pressing.

https://www.discogs.com/release/19707505-The-J-Geils-Band-Bloodshot

Last edited:
I must of got lost. Here.
So - are these 4 titles official ? or are we still assuming via sleuth

Can we order ? Is there a link to order ?

man, step away for a day and all hell breaks lose on the "4 New Quadio" thread
Well, it's not "official", but everyone is pretty certain on the titles. Can't order till June 23

You guys are amazing. Way back at the start of this thread, you all damn near guessed all 4 titles in one way or another. The J Geils was the toughest to discover, as it's off the massive hit track, but it's a great quad album with a hit that was not available on reel, so that makes it a winner right there.

All I can say to the sleuths is "Great job!" QQ at it's finest.

Now my only wish would be to see GOS live stream his first listen to "Paranoid"

Not being overly familiar with the J. Geils Band, I had momentarily hoped that was an alternate Deep Purple font I wasn’t aware of. A Deep Purple album would have been great.

But from the start, I was committed to getting all four titles no matter what and I can’t wait for the 23rd.

Does Rhino offer free shipping when the order is over a certain amount?
No, but they do have sales like other sites where items is marked down somewhat, and it is not always older stuff but new releases are included as well. So if you wanted to wait a few weeks or a month for a sale then you could save a few bucks. And sometimes the sale is offered on the first orders for a week, and then goes back to normal regular price.

Keep an eye on the site if you need to save a few dollars here.

Hey, something else I just thought of.... are these exclusive to Rhino store? Or will other vendors carry them? Weren't Chicago and Doobies available at multiple outlets?
Rhino exclusive is what I gather. But I would not be surprised if this was for the first 90 or 180 days or so and then other retailers got it to offer.

Which means it's not entirely off the table. Not to mention I'm sure Mr. Rhino is well aware that getting that kind of release would be a red-letter day for their Quadio Program.
It all comes down to putting pen to paper....

Maybe....
Deep Purple - Burn (announced / unreleased)
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Rod Stewart - Atlantic Crossing

Has the rumour about "Gord's Gold" finally been put to bed? It was never actually done? How about James Taylor's "Sweet Baby James" ?
All the labels he mentioned are controlled by Warners.

If he specificied WB, Grunt and Atlantic, he'd have specified Elektra/Asylum were one of the titles such.

Regarding J-Geils, the only version of Nightmare I've heard is CD-4.
Paranoid, I've heard the quad reel version
Red Octopus, I've heard the quad reel version
Billion Dollar Babies, I own the DVD-Audio version with 5.1.

Babies was only offered on Q8 and CD-4, neither of which I've heard. This true quad on BDA will be an ass kicker. The more I talk about this, I'd say the Alice Cooper title is a shining star here!!
Alice Cooper BDB being imo the finest WB rock quad remaining that was not issued on a Q4 makes it the shinning star. I like to call it one of the "crown jewels" which quite is appropriate for this particular album.

And deciding to do Paranoid at the same time is just so cool, and makes one want to support the series going forward as well.

Well I guess it is time to buy something from RHINO as my last purchase was the The Doobie Brothers: Quadio Boxed Set on 08/05/2020 12:28 am :eek: Oh....and Is it just me or is anybody else feeling a little Parinoid?
So at the stroke of midnight, 6-23, these will be available to order and which time zone? The earliest its the 23rd in the world, the better :p

So at the stroke of midnight, 6-23, these will be available to order and which time zone? The earliest its the 23rd in the world, the better :p
I was wondering the same. It will be like back in the day when I'd go to the record store for midnight releases.

BTW, I was surprised not to see Mr. Rhino's "hint" on the main Rhino website.

Were we the only ones to get this hint?
Not surprising because we are most likely the only ones that care that much.

Back