ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming in August 2023; SDE Blu-Ray #12)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another day to celebrate this wonderful pastime.
Opened the package, said a quick whoopee.
Placed it in The Sony M2 player.
Switched on the Marantz receiver.
Selected play 'Heavenly mixes' :D

Now it's time for the Theasorarse.
As I've run out of superlative expressions of utter joy 😊

I think I'm in love with Mr Wilson 😍

ABC, how could they follow this fantastic release, well in all honesty, they couldn't.

If there is any reason to bang the Atmos drum 🥁 here we have the perfect example to consider upgrading to the ultimate in surround.

I'm in Heaven
And when Farmer MIKE IS HAPPY .... THE WHOLE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU.

Lexicon of Love is one of my fav albums and as Steve Wilson spreads the seeds of LOVE with every album he remixes I have a calming feeling when I hear the SDE exclusive I'll be in love with it ... all over again!

Am I blushing?

This is one of my top two "white whales" (other is Supertramp Crime of the Century - sigh).

These songs provide so much to work with and SW did a great job. Songs I'd heard many many times before just pop out of the speakers.

A delight! 10
Supertramps 'Crime of The Century' is crying out for a surround mix. Bought it on release, loved it ever since.

The force is strong with you :51QQ
Get this.....it was in my mailbox. We have been getting heavy rain all morning. The cardboard box it came in was totally wet. I assumed the worst....as the slipcase also comes, but with no protection (no plastic).....

All was OK, but I think had I left all in the mailbox for a few more hours, it would have soaked into the slipcase.

Get this.....it was in my mailbox. We have been getting heavy rain all morning. The cardboard box it came in was totally wet. I assumed the worst....as the slipcase also comes, but with no protection (no plastic).....

All was OK, but I think had I left all in the mailbox for a few more hours, it would have soaked into the slipcase.
Oh no...I see the shipping posts coming again 🤣

My next order from amazon I'm requesting "mule" delivery:whistle:

I think @privateuniverse might be the ist to review!!

Well this prophecy failed to come true. :cry: Hope you have better luck with the Power Ball #s, SW! LOL. The ABC and the Ultravox just happened to arrive yesterday at the local USPS distribution center that all my mail goes to before hitting my local post office. For some reason the distribution center still has the ABC. However, the Ultraovx arrived today and it's yet another stellar Wilson mix. Hopefully ABC arrives Monday.

Well this prophecy failed to come true. :cry: Hope you have better luck with the Power Ball #s, SW! LOL. The ABC and the Ultravox just happened to arrive yesterday at the local USPS distribution center that all my mail goes to before hitting my local post office. For some reason the distribution center still has the ABC. However, the Ultraovx arrived today and it's yet another stellar Wilson mix. Hopefully ABC arrives Monday.
I should have consulted my Magic 8 Ball. Enjoy Ultravox in the mean time!

I like to listen to something new when no one else is in the house... which isn’t today.

Instead, I went through the ripping process. I guess I was the first to use DVD Audio Extractor on the exported file, so I uploaded the album info.

If it’s of any help to other rippers, the three 2Ch options appear to be the new Wilson stereo mix first, the instrumental mix second, and the original mix third.

DR values for the stereo mixes is 14 for the Wilson remix, 15 for the instrumental mix, and 13 for the original mix.

Not sure why I keep doing that. For a while I was fascinated by DR values. Not so much any more. But I have the DR tool so I always figure why not?

I think this is fastest I’ve ever received an SDE title. Got the ship notice on the 31st and it’s here on the 5th.

Instead, I went through the ripping process. I guess I was the first to use DVD Audio Extractor on the exported file, so I uploaded the album info.
Went through the same procedure yesterday (made 5.1 FLACs, Atmos MKVs, etc) - one annoying thing I noticed is that the chapter markers are a bit off on a few of the songs, so if you split the tracks you'll end up with the last note of "Show Me" at the beginning of "Poison Arrow" and so on. Also probably best to leave "Many Happy Returns" and "Tears Are Not Enough" as a single continuous file if your player doesn't support gapless.

Went through the same procedure yesterday (made 5.1 FLACs, Atmos MKVs, etc) - one annoying thing I noticed is that the chapter markers are a bit off on a few of the songs, so if you split the tracks you'll end up with the last note of "Show Me" at the beginning of "Poison Arrow" and so on. Also probably best to leave "Many Happy Returns" and "Tears Are Not Enough" as a single continuous file if your player doesn't support gapless.
Hadn’t even noticed that because I hadn't played the files after ripping. But checking it now, yeah... there it is. And you’re right with the MHR and TANE transition. Not good if you want to play TANE on it’s own or in a shuffle play.

Back