ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming in August 2023; SDE Blu-Ray #12)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steven Wilson has never impressed me. I just don't get why he's permitted to do this stuff. Maybe he's in the same category as Giles Martin. Anyway, I give them a pass.
IMG_1077.jpeg

Got mine through and just gave Poison Arrow a test spin, before listening properly later on. It is sounding sweet! The mix is outstanding! Still quite dry but in lossless it actually seems to enhance the mix compared to the lossy stream. Can't wait to give it a run through later... This is going to be one of the releases of the year! :)

Last edited:
Got mine though and just gave Poison Arrow a test spin, before listening properly later on. It is sounding sweet! The mix is outstanding! Still quite dry but in lossless it actually seems to enhance the mix compared to the lossy stream. Can't wait to give it a run through later... This is going to one of the releases of the year! :)
it's kinda bright but beautiful 🥰 what a mix!! 💝😍

I'm not familiar with "The Lexicon of Love" as an album but do know the singles that received airplay.
I bought this when it was announced on the strength of the singles, and it being another Wilson project.
It has arrived in Vancouver and I expect a Monday delivery.

Got mine through and just gave Poison Arrow a test spin, before listening properly later on. It is sounding sweet! The mix is outstanding! Still quite dry but in lossless it actually seems to enhance the mix compared to the lossy stream. Can't wait to give it a run through later... This is going to be one of the releases of the year! :)
Someone on another forum is complaining about a lack of backing vocals on PA. Here is an example he posted here.

It all sounds great, but I think "Valentine's Day" is the track that impressed me the most - there's this great bit midway through where a piano and keyboard playing the same riff chase each other around the room. And the use of the heights for the orchestra is genius...

I'm not familiar with "The Lexicon of Love" as an album but do know the singles that received airplay.
I bought this when it was announced on the strength of the singles, and it being another Wilson project.
It has arrived in Vancouver and I expect a Monday delivery.
Wow, yours is in Van already?
Mine only left the UK yesterday, based on past history it’ll be at least another week before I see it.
Was a bit of a blind buy for me too.
Poison Arrow and The Look of Love are the only songs I know.

It all sounds great, but I think "Valentine's Day" is the track that impressed me the most - there's this great bit midway through where a piano and keyboard playing the same riff chase each other around the room. And the use of the heights for the orchestra is genius...
Yeah it actually sounds like there’s a live orchestra in the room! It’s really, really discrete. 🙂 I like the mix on Date Stamp. The cash register sound effects pinging around and the backing vocals are panned to the rears but alternate from behind to also the top heights. It's almost like SW downed a can of Red Bull beforehand. It’s one of his best and most adventurous mixes ever…

Last edited:
Wow, yours is in Van already?
Mine only left the UK yesterday, based on past history it’ll be at least another week before I see it.
Was a bit of a blind buy for me too.
Poison Arrow and The Look of Love are the only songs I know.

I know those 2 as well. I think you may know "All Of My Heart" but maybe not by title.

Gave the streaming version a spot-check while I wait for the Blu-Ray. Overall, it's another winner from Steven Wilson! But I think "Show Me" sounds odd so spaced apart. Gonna need some time to adjust to it. The stereo mix feels more cohesive and yeah, overall, this sounds very "dry". The drums are too isolated in this mix, at least that's how it feels to me... The rest, though, from my spot-checks: spot-on!!

Another day to celebrate this wonderful pastime.
Opened the package, said a quick whoopee.
Placed it in The Sony M2 player.
Switched on the Marantz receiver.
Selected play 'Heavenly mixes' :D

Now it's time for the Theasorarse.
As I've run out of superlative expressions of utter joy 😊

I think I'm in love with Mr Wilson 😍

ABC, how could they follow this fantastic release, well in all honesty, they couldn't.

If there is any reason to bang the Atmos drum 🥁 here we have the perfect example to consider upgrading to the ultimate in surround.

I'm in Heaven

Back