ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming in August 2023; SDE Blu-Ray #12)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough - but on the other side of the coin, it's not like the record companies are deliberately trying to cut people out down the line. They're pressing these standalone releases in small-ish quantities because that's what the demand appears to warrant. If it does end up taking ages for this particular title to sell out, I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to do a repress as there's a risk of copies sitting unsold.

Love the album, love the Atmos mix - can't wait to hear it in lossless + the dedicated 5.1 :)
I agree 100%. I also don’t know if, in certain instances, the record company has a contract that limit it to producing only x number of copies for sale. In any event, I placed an order on the day of the announcement and I’ve also, as of today, received a shipping notice. Just like you are, I too am greatly looking forward to receiving my copy!

Just got my ship notice so flood gates are open!
No further tracking info over the past 24 hours. Of course, I have no reason to complain. I still haven’t worked my way through all of the Pineapple Thief box. I’m also 6 weeks away from The Big Express and 7 weeks away from Who’s Next. And God only knows what the Wizard of Watford has planned for after he gets back from vacation. We’re due for some pop/rock. 🤔

Received my ship notice from SDE this morning for the BD + LP. When will it actually ship is anybody‘s guess.

I wanted the Deluxe Edition too to get TFM on the BD and extra tracks on the LP’s but couldn’t justify the price.

Orders are now actually on the move -- the tracking number shows mine is at the big sorting and distribution center near Heathrow. So, hopefully it won't arrive too far beyond the August 4th release date.

I hope SDE can continue to hit my sweet spot of 80's albums mixed by Steven Wilson -- The Hurting was my first SDE purchase, and now Lexicon, and I suspect there are another hundred Wilson-mixed 80's albums I'd buy from them.

The other main reason for buying these couple of SDEs was to support the release of new dedicated 5.1 mixes, as I don't have an Atmos setup and don't anticipate having one anytime soon. So, it's important to me to do what I can (even if it's just a little bit) to ensure SDE continues to look after us 5.1 users.

lovely! 🥰 let's have all the Motown Quad mixes and everything of Motown they've done in Atmos on SDE Blu-ray (ssss?)..!!! 🙏

Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson, The Jackson 5, The Supremes, The Four Tops, The Miracles, Rare Earth.. ahh.. 🤩😍

sorry for that outburst! 😋🤦‍♀️ back to ABC.. 👀😅
That would be awesome :SG

Back