ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming in August 2023; SDE Blu-Ray #12)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you suggesting they are going to release the Jackson 5 next? 😍🤣
lovely! 🥰 let's have all the Motown Quad mixes and everything of Motown they've done in Atmos on SDE Blu-ray (ssss?)..!!! 🙏

Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson, The Jackson 5, The Supremes, The Four Tops, The Miracles, Rare Earth.. ahh.. 🤩😍

sorry for that outburst! 😋🤦‍♀️ back to ABC.. 👀😅

Are you suggesting they are going to release the Jackson 5 next? 😍🤣
I lied, okay!

It’s really a nod to how easy it is to order these SDE’s; so it’s probably more like 1,2,3,4,5 - if I can do it on my phone half asleep in bed, then it’s A B C … of Love

For the old Quads, I’d say that’ll be more of a Dutton Vocalion thing :)

and my sanity in all of this, have ya seen my avatar lately?

lovely! 🥰 let's have all the Motown Quad mixes and everything of Motown they've done in Atmos on SDE Blu-ray (ssss?)..!!! 🙏

Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson, The Jackson 5, The Supremes, The Four Tops, The Miracles, Rare Earth.. ahh.. 🤩😍

sorry for that outburst! 😋🤦‍♀️ back to ABC.. 👀😅
If that were to happen, I'd be dancing in the street! (In the meantime, you gotta shop around...)

Kind of disappointed that this has not sold out yet. Hope it doesn’t discourage Paul from cutting deals for other ‘80’s gems.
Probably because some people are getting the LP+BD set instead. Which also shows (along with the very low demand for Gilbert O'Sullivan) that it's not the SDE series itself that's the big pull, but the content.

Kind of disappointed that this has not sold out yet. Hope it doesn’t discourage Paul from cutting deals for other ‘80’s gems.
I’ve no idea what goes into the art & science of determining these runs, but maybe they slightly overestimated demand for this title? I love the album, but I will concede that it is a bit ‘quirkier’ music than some of the bigger sellers from this series. After all, both runs of The Tipping Point added up to less than 5000 copies.

Plus, as mentioned upthread you have the 4LP/BD set competing against it (I’m still surprised that Universal allowed this standalone to happen at all) and there’s a hell of a lot of new surround stuff competing for people’s attention over the next two months.

It may take some time, but given the SW factor I imagine they’ll sell out the initial allotment eventually. Then - probably a few months to a year from now - I’d be willing to bet that you’ll see a bunch of loudmouths on the internet who somehow missed it demanding a repress :ROFLMAO:

I’ve no idea what goes into the art & science of determining these runs, but maybe they slightly overestimated demand for this title? I love the album, but I will concede that it is a bit ‘quirkier’ music than some of the bigger sellers from this series. After all, both runs of The Tipping Point added up to less than 5000 copies.

Plus, as mentioned upthread you have the 4LP/BD set competing against it (I’m still surprised that Universal allowed this standalone to happen at all) and there’s a hell of a lot of new surround stuff competing for people’s attention over the next two months.

It may take some time, but given the SW factor I imagine they’ll sell out the initial allotment eventually. Then - probably a few months to a year from now - I’d be willing to bet that you’ll see a bunch of loudmouths on the internet who somehow missed it demanding a repress :ROFLMAO:
I hear what you’re saying, sj. I just think that it’s a bit harsh to belittle those people who will inevitably miss out on this one some time down the line. Who among us has not belatedly learned the existence of or come to an appreciation for a prized release after it was already OOP and commanding big money on eBay, discogs, etc.?

I just think that it’s a bit harsh to belittle those people who will inevitably miss out on this one some time down the line.
Fair enough - but on the other side of the coin, it's not like the record companies are deliberately trying to cut people out down the line. They're pressing these standalone releases in small-ish quantities because that's what the demand appears to warrant. If it does end up taking ages for this particular title to sell out, I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to do a repress as there's a risk of copies sitting unsold.

Love the album, love the Atmos mix - can't wait to hear it in lossless + the dedicated 5.1 :)

Back