Alan Parsons to Release "Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe" 5.1 Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad everyone spoke up!
Democracy is not a spectator sport and i guess surround releases are headed that direction more with every year. Ya all got your wish!
Good work to all who spoke up and helped the people get what would work for both the folks who would want to own the music and those who might want the other items involved in a boxset.

Hi Tad,

You’ll be pleased to hear that Universal have agreed to a separate release of the Blu-ray which contains the 5.1 mix and a high-res of the ’76 album. Same release day as the box set - currently slated for Dec. 2. Spread the word.

Hope all’s well,

A=

A definite day 1 buy! Thanks so much for this!

Hi Tad,

You’ll be pleased to hear that Universal have agreed to a separate release of the Blu-ray which contains the 5.1 mix and a high-res of the ’76 album. Same release day as the box set - currently slated for Dec. 2. Spread the word.

Hope all’s well,

A=
Too bad we don't get the '87 stereo remix in hi-res, but beggars can't be choosers, right? Amazing that it's being released the same day! Usually, the record company wants to squeeze as many sales out of the box as possible before offering a cheaper alternative. Then again, they've done this before with other similar packages (Simple Minds), so I guess there is a precedent.

Thanks a million, Quadtrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad we don't get the '87 stereo remix in hi-res, but beggars can't be choosers, right? Amazing that it's being released the same day! Usually, the record company wants to squeeze as many sales out of the box as possible before offering a cheaper alternative. Then again, they've done this before with other similar packages (Simple Minds), so I guess there is a precedent.

Thanks a million, Quadtrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where can I preorder? :D

Wow, this is amazing news!! I'm gonna be honest, I'll really, really miss Orson Welles, but I'm ready to make the compromise - I've been dreaming of this album in 5.1 for years and years!

Gotta love Quadraphonicquad - from a short interview highlight from the Tampa Tribune to full fledged participation and influence from the members of this forum, we've received some great news from Mr. Parsons on the separate Blu-ray release of APP's Tales of Mystery & Imagination in 5.1. Looking forward to the 12/2 release and thanks to everyone here that helped make it happen.
185002046.jpg

Attachments

• Alan-Parsons-Project-Tales-Of-Mystery-And-Imagination-Of-Edgar-Allan-Poe-1976-Booklet-Cd-Cover-3.jpg
    Alan-Parsons-Project-Tales-Of-Mystery-And-Imagination-Of-Edgar-Allan-Poe-1976-Booklet-Cd-Cover-3.jpg
    51.4 KB
I really hope we could have the same influence with OBC and Meddle by PF...

We could only have any kind of influence if the mixes already exist and Pink Floyd actually cares about what we have to say, but they will care about that right around the time they care about reuniting again...

Glad everyone spoke up!
Democracy is not a spectator sport and i guess surround releases are headed that direction more with every year. Ya all got your wish!

Thanks so much. Definitely buying the standalone. I was never a big enough fan for the whole box, so this will be another sale for releasing something I actually wanted.

I can think of several releases (Aqualung, Quadrophenia, for example) where a more standalone release guaranteed they'd get my money, while a "save the good stuff only for the box set" (e.g., Brain Salad Surgery) turned me off from the set and future releases.

And yes, I hope we can find some similarly productive avenue for the Meddle and Obscured by Clouds 5.1 mixes from Pink Floyd. Not sure how to go about that.

Thanks so much. Definitely buying the standalone. I was never a big enough fan for the whole box, so this will be another sale for releasing something I actually wanted.

I can think of several releases (Aqualung, Quadrophenia, for example) where a more standalone release guaranteed they'd get my money, while a "save the good stuff only for the box set" (e.g., Brain Salad Surgery) turned me off from the set and future releases.

And yes, I hope we can find some similarly productive avenue for the Meddle and Obscured by Clouds 5.1 mixes from Pink Floyd. Not sure how to go about that.
Not sure if I read your comments correctly, but the Quadrophenia album is out on a stand alone blu ray already.

Not sure if I read your comments correctly, but the Quadrophenia album is out on a stand alone blu ray already.

Dr Phibes is saying that because there were smaller, more affordable releases for albums like "Aqualung" (in 2016) and "Quadrophenia" (in 2014) that guaranteed his commitment to purchasing them, whereas he could not do the same for 'box-set-only' releases like "Brain Salad Surgery".

Dr Phibes is saying that because there were smaller, more affordable releases for albums like "Aqualung" (in 2016) and "Quadrophenia" (in 2014) that guaranteed his commitment to purchasing them, whereas he could not do the same for 'box-set-only' releases like "Brain Salad Surgery".

Bingo.

Back