ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, the videos are harmless. No worse than my constant Black Sabbath pictures. Anyhow, I like the songs from youtube generally. Maybe we need a youtube video thread. Seriously....we have threads for all other forms of music. The streaming thread (atmos) is literally full of everyone's streaming moments. It too takes forever to scroll to the top at times. There has got to be a place to post our favorite songs via youtube.
The purpose of this thread was to stop all these separate threads...hence the title ALL ABOUT MUSIC...videos...pictures whatever you want...and it has done this quite well...over 6700 posts...and now one guy doesn't like it because there are too many videos....I posted the first video on here in June of 2014 and as many of you know I would often post a flurry of videos....depending on my musical tastes at the time...this flurry was a tribute to the Motown/Soul era....a direct result of a member mentioning the lack of "love" for Motown on here...and he is right...

If someone doesn't want to listen to the video...just move on...it's that simple...I don't think it's a hardship to make a few mouse clicks...and skip the videos...music is why we are here...I had to endure "shipping" and "it costs to much" posts for years...

I have to admit that I'm highly disappointed that not enough infomercials are posted in this thread so allow me to rectify this sad state of affairs.

I've listened through this once, and thought it was exceptional: great songs, tastefully performed and produced. Too bad Linda's dysphonia kept her from singing more on this album, but the guests are well-chosen and seem to appreciate that she has written really good material for them to interpret. Also too bad that there's no surround mix, but you can't have everything. Highly recommended for fans of the Thompson family, or of British folk rock in general.

I've listened through this once, and thought it was exceptional: great songs, tastefully performed and produced. Too bad Linda's dysphonia kept her from singing more on this album, but the guests are well-chosen and seem to appreciate that she has written really good material for them to interpret. Also too bad that there's no surround mix, but you can't have everything. Highly recommended for fans of the Thompson family, or of British folk rock in general.
Nice profile of Linda in today's Times. (Here's a gift version if you need a leg over the paywall.)

Nice profile of Linda in today's Times. (Here's a gift version if you need a leg over the paywall.)
I very much enjoyed listening to this yesterday on Apple Music with the lyrics window active & viewing the liner notes pdf from the record company website: https://www.storysoundrecords.com/s...oklets/lindathompson_proxymusic_cd_book_0.pdf

The tunes are short & sweet.
The article above makes no mention of the recording method, but a glance at the notes reveals the recordings were made in studios all over the world and collaboratively produced by "phoning in" tracks remotely.

I very much enjoyed listening to this yesterday on Apple Music with the lyrics window active & viewing the liner notes pdf from the record company website: https://www.storysoundrecords.com/s...oklets/lindathompson_proxymusic_cd_book_0.pdf

The tunes are short & sweet.
The article above makes no mention of the recording method, but a glance at the notes reveals the recordings were made in studios all over the world and collaboratively produced by "phoning in" tracks remotely.
Thanks for the booklet link. Amazing to see Aly Bain (from the Boys of the Lough)--still alive and kicking!--on one track, and ace jazz rhythm section Tony Scherr and Kenny Wollesen (Bill Frisell, Sex Mob, Maria Schneider, Norah Jones, John Zorn, and a million others) on a couple more.

Another "I didn't know that" bit of useless information...

In 1988, Robert Plant released the song Long Cool One which featured samples from many Led Zeppelin songs.

That same year, Queen's Roger Taylor released a track with his new group The Cross titled Shove It. The song featured samples of many Queen songs. Freddy Mercury also contributed backing vocals.

Don't you feel like your life has been enriched by that information? ;)

Girls? We love 'em!

Back