Armand Schaubroeck Steals 'A Lot of People Would Like To See Armand Schaubroeck...DEAD' 50th with quad mix on DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelydave

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
A bit of a quad curiosity, this was originally released in 1974 only on CD-4, with the quad mix done by the legendary Mick Guzauski. Appears that orders are being taken only through the House of Guitars facebook page.

I'm sort of dubious in 2024 that it's an actual DVD-A and not an audio-only DVD-V, but I guess it's possible. There's also no mention as to what the source of the quad mix is - either a CD-4 decode or the original quad master - but maybe someone can reach out to the label and find out.

1719169823294.png

Did anyone order and receive this one? I remember seeing the CD-4 in a store once and passed it by. Never saw it again except in that big JVC CD-4 sales brochure

It's not a dvd-audio disc, It's a rather simple dvd-v, no menu, only 1 audio program of 4.0 ac3, and a still image of the cover for the entire album. It's not a needledrop.

While lossy ac3 is hardly an ideal delivery format, especially in this day and age, it's far far better than CD-4.

Back