Be-Bop Deluxe in surround! (“Drastic Plastic” out in 2021!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went through Cherry Red when they first announced, because I'm impatient :rolleyes: and knew I could get it cheaper at some point, but would probably forget to look!

If it is like the last BBD release, the company is excellent about shipping (and I also got it shortly before the actual release time ;)).

Yea, more expensive, but the ease makes up for it. Also, with releases slowing down for the moment (blessedly, how many of us are still paying off the Xmas releases :(!), a few dollars more isn't an issue. Plus, it's a nice surprise to come home one day and -- there it is, unexpectedly!

This release finally got written up at SDE.

And in the comments at SDE was a link to an interview with Bill at Goldmine that contained this little nugget which bodes well for the future:
GM: Finally, what’s next… both for the Be-Bop Deluxe catalogue and for you yourself?

BN: “Well, as I said, the reissue program is ongoing and I believe all the Be-Bop albums will be given a similar treatment. There are also plans to reissue the [post Be-Bop] Red Noise album in the same style, which will be interesting.

Red Noise album - oooh yeah.

Although the reviews for the Sunburst Finish DVD were mixed with many claiming a conservative mix, I just sprung for the Futurama pre-order as I've loved this album since the day it was released. Would also love to see Axe Victim released in surround!

Last edited:
Not long now

PECLEC-42670-BE-BOP-DELUXE-‘Futurama’-3D.jpg

4 Ears after waiting patiently for the STONES & Zep to remix all their core albums in surround.....

See the source image

Maybe I should've settled for the Rutles!
It looks a bit like you're on the loo (old version of) Ralph! :ROFLMAO:

Maybe Cherry Red will be on the lookout for other catalogues to licence if this is a success?!

Last edited:
Back