Worst Hit Radio Single Ever Recorded

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed no one mentioned Timothy, a song about miners eating one of their own in desperation, a song written to try and capitalize off the controversy it expected to face. It's funnily enough, written by Rupert Holmes, who would later achieve success with the Piña Colada song.

Great video by Todd in the Shadows about that one, too:

I noticed no one mentioned Timothy, a song about miners eating one of their own in desperation, a song written to try and capitalize off the controversy it expected to face. It's funnily enough, written by Rupert Holmes, who would later achieve success with the Piña Colada song.
I never made the Rupert Holmes connection. That song certainly belongs here based on it's subject.

With spite and pure evil filling my essence, I toss this at you in the hope you will be as disgustingly nauseated at the drivel from Britain as I was and remain so.

Oh noooo. I freaking hate that song. I will admit to owning the 45, unless someone else remade it. Or maybe it was on so me compilation.
I remember having this on one of those K'Tell albums when I was 5 years old. I don't know if this was originally intended to be a children's song but it sure sounds like it.

Bobby Goldsmith "Honey" (See the tree how big its grown) This is going to make a lot of people mad, but here goes the artist who has no vocabulary when writing songs, Van Morrison (Oh the water,water,water,water...)

I remember having this on one of those K'Tell albums when I was 5 years old. I don't know if this was originally intended to be a children's song but it sure sounds like it.
Alan Sherman was primarily a comedian, singing parody songs for the most part. He also did a take on “The Twelve Days of Christmas,” which just might be an improvement on the original. “Hello Muddah” is on his album “Alan Sherman’s Mother Presents ‘My Son, the Folk Singer’”

Back