Worst Hit Radio Single Ever Recorded

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“What’s New, Pussycat?” popped up on the radio a couple of days ago.

Dumb lyrics, terrible melody, and Tom Jones yelling.

I didn’t need the reminder.
If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend it. It's a comedian recounting how he ordered 10+ plays of "What's New Pussycat?" in a row in a jukebox at a diner. The patrons and staff inevitably noticed the music, to say the least.

“Little Green Apples.” Rhyming “apples” with “Indianapolis” is criminal. Throw in “and it don’t rain in Indianapolis in the summer time” to seal the deal.
One of my collections is of Indy 500 radio broadcasts, and in the year shortly after that song was popular, the announcer (Sid Collins) referred to the song a couple of times, saying "It don't rain in Indianapolis" not realizing that that was one of the conditions of "If that's not lovin' me..."

On a side note, I really like Resurrection Shuffle by Tom Jones. I guess I'm easily humored on some of this music...

I like Tom Jones just fine, but the WOOAWOOAWOO-OO-OO in “pussycat” is over the top. And even tha backups get involved!

Back