Worst Hit Radio Single Ever Recorded

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a hard question to answer because I've hated so much stuff that has come out over the years. However this is a weird one, a very weird one: Although I love The Beatles, I never could stand All You Need Is Love. What I didn't realize is that it had been the sonics that were grating at me, not the song or performance itself. Then, the Love album came out with the most fantastic and glorious rendition of this cut...the full bodied intro and the background vocals from the rears...Literally made me teary eyed. I absolutely love this track and make sure I play it every time I put on a few tracks from Love. Proof yet again that well executed surround sound indeed makes a difference.

Rick Astleyā€™s ā€œNever Gonna Give You Upā€ ?

(...actually maybe thatā€™s the BEST hit single ever recorded :ROFLMAO:)

Back then I had a "curse" I would put on people who annoyed me: "May you be locked into a room listening to Rick Astley records for 8 hours straight." I retrospect, I now think the song is actually really good pop music.

As a kid I remember hating "Little Green Apples" by O.C Smith, Johnny Nash "Cupid" and Dionne Warrwick "I'll Never Fall In Love Again". I think that the absolute worst song ever has got to be YMCA by The Village People!

'Star Trekkin'
Watch out for those Klingons Jim!!

Cringe worthy?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...6D0EC4102A60202AFD006D0EC4102A60202&FORM=VIRE

It reached no1 in the UK in 1987

Actually I like it...(y):phones:dance:dance

I agree, definitely in the wrong category here (!) - I liked it so much, and thought it was so funny, that it was the one and only single I have ever bought - and I still have it!! -

TK1.JPG

TK2.JPG

TK3.JPG

A richly deserved No.1!

wost single that I know of would be a tie between - Terry Jacks "Seasons in the Sun" and Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods "Billy Don't Be A Hero"[/QUOTE]

Yep, the Terry Jacks version sent that song into the dreaded bubblegum abyss. The original, and earlier versions, were not bubblegumish. (Nice that the writer probably made some dough from the Jacks version, however.) [PS But now I've got an ear worm of the Jacks version!!!!]

Back