Worst Hit Radio Single Ever Recorded

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so many cringe-worthy ballads and cheezy pop songs recorded over the years. Too many to mention and many will end up being SOMEBODY'S guilty pleasure.

But is there ANYONE who likes THIS song that went to #23 in 1971?

I had totally forgotten about that song. It must have only been on the radio for a couple weeks and then vanished.

Anybody remember the B side of "They're Coming To Take Me Away" by Napoleon XIV? It's the same song, played entirely in reverse. Makes perfect sense, right? And I know this "song" wasn't officially a hit like Side A was, but, indirectly, technically, kinda, sorta...? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ One thing's for sure, it's pretty damn bad:

The Knack - My Sharona has got to be my most disliked, followed ever so closely by (you guessed it Privateuniverse) Nick Gilder - Hot Child In The City. I was fortunate to attend a concert where Nick Gilder had performed, but was careful to arrive after his set.
Ha! I adore both of these! And now they are re-stuck in my head! At least we are a diverse group😜🎶

Although, to this day, there are a lot of songs that I despised growing up, (I know, I’m going to piss a lot of people off with this one) I hated American Pie by Don McLean. Also, I didn’t much like Rock On by David Essex but this one eventually grew on me.

Feel free to Post as much as you like with as many songs that you can remember. I know I will. :)
Amen on American Pie - way overplayed and I cannot stand it. Rock on is all shimmer an no substance, to me - glad you mentioned them.

"Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue".....what dreck...vomit......
Good to see you back Quadgirl! I remember you from like....the last decade? haha

"Mexican Americans don't like to go to the movies where the
Dude has to wear contact lenses to make his blue eyes brown
Cause don't it make my brown eyes blue."

Yeah, now I've got this in my head!

That's great news...:hi...since you have Quad legacy equipment I am curious if you have tried the "Dutton" experience...if you have some modern equipment that can play SACD...it's been an eye opener for the Quaddies on the forum:cool:
Sounds interesting! I will check it out! I have an Oppo 203, so definitely would like the eye opener experience!

Back