Bronski Beat - The Age of Consent 40th Anniversary SDE Blu-Ray #26 (Oct. 18, 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally arrived by post this morning! :LB

Attachments

• LaPoste suivi SDE Bronski Beat 40e.png
    LaPoste suivi SDE Bronski Beat 40e.png
    124.6 KB
Just received the disc and popped it in. Make sure to listen to the Atmos track, even when only listening on a 5.1 system like myself.

The 5.1 is pretty underwhelming, thought something was wrong with my setup and immediately checked speaker levels. Everything was as it's supposed to be, so I switched to the Atmos track and... wow! It all opened up and there it was, the surround listening experience I expected this release to be.

I don't know what went wrong, but better keep your hands off the dedicated 5.1 mix.

Ok, back to listening...

For those of you that have it in hand, can someone confirm if the original nine minute 12-inch single version of "Smalltown Boy" is included on the disc? It is easily identified by Jimmy Somerville's lead vocal kicking in at the same time as it does on the 45 single version. The only place I've ever been able to track it down on disc is on the superb sounding and exhaustively authentic RHINO UK, 12 Inch Dance 80s SYNTHPOP various artists collection. Thanks in advance for any information on this.

For those of you that have it in hand, can someone confirm if the original nine minute 12-inch single version of "Smalltown Boy" is included on the disc? It is easily identified by Jimmy Somerville's lead vocal kicking in at the same time as it does on the 45 single version. The only place I've ever been able to track it down on disc is on the superb sounding and exhaustively authentic RHINO UK, 12 Inch Dance 80s SYNTHPOP various artists collection. Thanks in advance for any information on this.
as far as i can tell that particular version is not on the Blu-ray in Atmos. there are 6 versions of the track in all however, just not that 9-minute 12" version.

edit: i think it's maybe this one?

as far as i can tell that particular version is not on the Blu-ray in Atmos. there are 6 versions of the track in all however, just not that 9-minute 12" version.

edit: i think it's maybe this one?

Yes! Thank you! That appears to be it. On the RHINO disc, the track clocks out to 8:57, however on the disc sleeve it lists it at 9:04. That's consistent with the Apple music version. What an odd omission. I wonder why RHINO UK was able to license it but SDE could not. The RHINO version is the original 1984 12-inch mix.

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg
IMG_3065.jpg

Back