Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yeah but it is 32 discs we’re talking about here. Getting this set for anything under $200 is probably not very realistic but I thought the shed price with shipping was very fair
I hear you. To be honest, I almost never listen to CD's. The box content is plentiful, and for true Camel aficionados, I'm sure it's a treat.
I would feel like I'm paying for content I almost certainly would never listen to.
But that's me. Also money for music purchases is at a premium in this house right now. It's been an expensive year!
So as much as I would love to have Camel in surround, I'm afraid it's a pass. But I hope others enjoy it!!

From Spain I can only find it on amazon.de for the same price as jpc.de.
Though a couple of euros more expensive as it applies 21% Spanish VAT, I will save them on shipping.
Being out of stock on jpc I obviously bought it and better here cause you are not charged until days before shipping.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for them to release individual sets of the albums (with 5.1 discs) the way that they did for the big Van Der Graaf Generator box? Like VDGG, my feelings on Camel are mixed, so I'm not sure I can commit to this huge box, but I would certainly buy individual releases if they went that route. I doubt that will happen, but one can hope!
That's entirely possible. Marketing 101 - Don't announce smaller packages and impact box set orders negatively.
The Steve Hackett Charisma album sets were not announced at the same time as that box set. Even the Who's Next Lifehouse box will probably be available in a smaller form in several months or a year's time. 50th Anniversary DSOTM Blu Ray appeared not too long after that box arrived.

Last edited:
Checked again this morning...
Yeah, all I could find now is this lousy figurine
1696794744977.png

Oh wait..., maybe this is like the Beatles Apple USB drive... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's entirely possible. Marketing 101 - Don't announce smaller packages and impact box set orders negatively.
The VDGG album sets (Steve Hackett sets also) were not announced at the same time as their box sets respectively.
not always the case - the actual VdGG box set and individual DVDs were released simultaneously, as I posted on Facebook on 6th September 2021 about releases from that very week....
241401314_10159918859879314_5512957088504131669_n.jpg

not always the case - the actual VdGG box set and individual DVDs were released simultaneously, as I posted on Facebook on 6th September 2021 about releases from that very week....View attachment 97068
And so it was! My post now cheerfully amended to be accurate.
While we're here, I will add instead how EPIC the VDGG Bath Concert sounds! Lots of emotion transmitted in the room listening to that wonderfully supportive mix.

I still can't believe I ordered this from JPC so many months ago (way back in April) - placed the order as soon as I heard about it with basically no details - something I never do. So many times I thought about cancelling, mainly when it appeared the release would never happen, but somehow I decided to ride it out. Now, when it's getting close to the actual release date, I still won't quite believe it until it's in my hands, especially at that crazy low early price. Unfortunately, if it does work out it will only encourage me to take more chances in the future.:LOL:

I still can't believe I ordered this from JPC so many months ago (way back in April) - placed the order as soon as I heard about it with basically no details - something I never do. So many times I thought about cancelling, mainly when it appeared the release would never happen, but somehow I decided to ride it out. Now, when it's getting close to the actual release date, I still won't quite believe it until it's in my hands, especially at that crazy low early price. Unfortunately, if it does work out it will only encourage me to take more chances in the future.:LOL:
I'm thinking 🤔 a Powerball ticket? 🎫

I ordered April 17 cost shipped to Az $122.09 US. Ha!

Reactions: SHB
Back