Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone else in the U.K ordered this from crash records in Leeds, I'm not 100% certain that they are going to deliver to me, never dealt with them before. Just waiting on confirmation. Hope so, am too knackered n disabled to travel to Leeds to pick it up, no transport????

Your Camel is here Sir 😍

1000004530.jpg

Excellent packaging by JPC de

I personally rate Camel as better than Pink Floyd, I may be in a minority of one but both bands have released 14 studio albums, I regularly play 5 or 6 PF albums but play around 11 or 12 of Camel, I think the reason for one being much bigger than the other is the lack of a good singer, even though Camel’s music is superb the vocals are very average, in the notes in the boxset Camel themselves knew they should find a singer at the beginning but couldn’t find anyone suitable so decided to do it themselves
Camel is a fantastic group with consistently great music. A wrongly underrated group, in my opinion.

Mine arrived too. A lot of music indeed. Listened to the 5.1 mixes first and I have to say:
Well done Stephen W. T.!

Mine did not contain a poster as written (not important to me), did yours?

What I would like to know: the multitracks of the other releases (Rain Dances, Breathless, ...) weren't found so there is no 5.1 possible?

Mine arrived too. A lot of music indeed. Listened to the 5.1 mixes first and I have to say:
Well done Stephen W. T.!

What I would like to know: the multitracks of the other releases (Rain Dances, Breathless, ...) weren't found so there is no 5.1 possible?
Thank you!!
Yes actually a lot of multitracks were missing, but there would never have been the budget or time frame to remix all of them anyway. It would have been nice to keep the sequence intact - but Rain Dances was missing.... SWTx

Thank you!!
Yes actually a lot of multitracks were missing, but there would never have been the budget or time frame to remix all of them anyway. It would have been nice to keep the sequence intact - but Rain Dances was missing.... SWTx
Worth every $/€/£ ! Absolutely recommended!

May be another release is to be done in future when the "missing pieces" turn up...

Well done Stephen W. T.!

Yes, a lot of music. This must be the best value release ever, and from one of my favourite groups too :) .

SWT's work on this is superb, the surround mixes are all excellent, as are the live concerts that have been remixed. I'll get round to the stereo remastered studio albums at some point!

My only gripes are minor - selected misspelt as slected on all the 5.1 blurays is hilariously bad! The lyrics to Air Born on the back of the book have a mistake. I would have liked the tracklisting on the back of the box to have included dates, or at least years, for the live stuff. I keep having to get the book out to check for example what year the Marquee gig was. Also, unless I've missed it, there aren't any song credits anywhere for the songwriters.

This is such a great set though, and it will be a 10 from the Chelmsford judge when I come to vote in the poll.

ps Mine didn't have a poster either.

Has anyone else in the U.K ordered this from crash records in Leeds, I'm not 100% certain that they are going to deliver to me, never dealt with them before. Just waiting on confirmation. Hope so, am too knackered n disabled to travel to Leeds to pick it up, no transport????
I’m sure you would be covered by the credit card guarantee scheme if you don’t receive, but i’m sure you will 🤞

Well done Stephen W. T.!

No poster in mine.

Mines arrived, based upon a 1st 5.1 listen to Moonmadness & Snow Goose, a truly great 5.1 mix (perhaps even one of the best I've heard in a long time)
For anyone paying £100 to full price £160 (I paid around £120 inc postage) this has to run close the Chicago Quadio for best value release.

Mines arrived, based upon a 1st 5.1 listen to Moonmadness & Snow Goose, a truly great 5.1 mix (perhaps even one of the best I've heard in a long time)
For anyone paying £100 to full price £160 (I paid around £120 inc postage) this has to run close the Chicago Quadio for best value release.
Yep, same price of £120 here (JPC de )
No poster either.
Currently listening to Mirage.
SWT pulled out all the stops with his mixing skills....wonderful

PCM version

I will never touch any of the 27 cd’s, but this is still phenomenal value for the 5 blu rays (even if Pressure points concert is only in stereo)
The live gig cds are really great and highly recommended, especially Marquee 1974, Royal Albert Hall 1975, Hammersmith 1976 and Hammersmith 1977. What a great live band they were (and still are!).

I paid £156, less a £5 credit I had with Rarewaves. I would have paid £30 for each of the 5 studio albums in surround, so there's your £150 already. And we also got 2 more blurays of live video, plus numerous live cds, as well as 11 remastered studio albums and a nice book and box. What a great set!

Back