Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived earlier today :SG. Its a mighty beast that will require a bit of fondling before any of it gets played!

Luckily its my work from home day today and the wife is out. So I don't have to go through -

"was that a delivery that you just opened the front door for?"
"yes dear, it was just a cd for me"
"if it was just a cd, why didn't he just put it through the letterbox?"
"I don't know dear!"
(or, "it was actually a 32 disc Camel box set, that weighs a ton, and yes, I am rather taking up too much space in the house with my hobby aren't I dear!"

Happy early Christmas to me :cool:

Mine arrived earlier today :SG. Its a mighty beast that will require a bit of fondling before any of it gets played!

Luckily its my work from home day today and the wife is out. So I don't have to go through -

"I don't know dear!"
(or, "it was actually a 32 disc Camel box set, that weighs a ton, and yes, I am rather taking up too much space in the house with my hobby aren't I dear!"

:ROFLMAO: Yesterday I received delivery of a 135 Lbs. (61 kilo) media storage cabinet.
The wife was working so I slipped it, hidden carefully into the man cave. 💪:cool:

Looks like jpc.de won't be shipping until the release date - it's orderable again for a pretty good price, but seemingly with new restrictions:

Item has not been released yet, probable delivery date is 24.11.2023.You can order the title now. It will be dispatched to you as soon as it is available.
This item is for shipping within the EU only.
EUR 159.99*

Limited order quantity: Only 1 item per customer!

Hoping to see my ancient order status change from 'open' to 'shipped' soon!

New orders limited to EU. HA! I ordered back many months ago at the cheapest price and kept the order and didn't cancel it. Just got notified mine is shipping:

1700757276141.png

"I don't know dear!"

I can relate to that :ROFLMAO:

You lucky guys.
I'm hoping eventually there is a price drop like Whos Next. Good luck fitting this package in your mailbox.

Looks like jpc.de won't be shipping until the release date - it's orderable again for a pretty good price, but seemingly with new restrictions:

Item has not been released yet, probable delivery date is 24.11.2023.You can order the title now. It will be dispatched to you as soon as it is available.
This item is for shipping within the EU only.
EUR 159.99*

Limited order quantity: Only 1 item per customer!

Hoping to see my ancient order status change from 'open' to 'shipped' soon!
Actually mine has shipped already Nov. 22, it is on course to receiving it Nov. 24.

"I don't know dear!"

you better get your coat, dear! 😅
it looks like raaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiinnnnn...!!!! 😂

I was very curious about what Camel's prog rock type of sound they have.
I honestly have to say I've never heard any of their tunes , so I wonder about which group or groups they would be reflective of ?

Also I was hoping , a lot of hoping that is...that perhaps the label might release Single disc sets in 5.1 , much the same as what happened with Van Der Graff Generator.

Sure are a lot of coasters with the 5 surround albums , which put me on the fence with regards to purchasing this box set.

So curiosity still has me wanting to know more about Camel ? 🤷‍♂️

I was very curious about what Camel's prog rock type of sound they have.
I honestly have to say I've never heard any of their tunes , so I wonder about which group or groups they would be reflective of ?

Also I was hoping , a lot of hoping that is...that perhaps the label might release Single disc sets in 5.1 , much the same as what happened with Van Der Graff Generator.

Sure are a lot of coasters with the 5 surround albums , which put me on the fence with regards to purchasing this box set.

So curiosity still has me wanting to know more about Camel ? 🤷‍♂️

Camel's music is mostly gentle and melodic I would say. The main focus of the band, especially latter day, is Andy Latimer's excellent guitar work, which is sometimes reminiscent of David Gilmour in the sense that it isn't a frenzy of notes and is very emotional and melodic.

I can't think of a similar band. A good start as a taster is the 1976 album Moonmadness, which many consider to be their best:

Back