• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

CD4 Demodulator

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadchuck

I have a SH400 Technics for sale. It works, and I got it thinking chip based might outperform my other demodulator but was about the same. Cabinet in good to very good cond. will ad photo later.
$150 plus ship or pick-up in So.Cal San Gabriel area .
no cartridge not original owner, got on ebay
features SC cart input that I don't have.

Last edited:
I have a SH400 Technics for sale. It works, and I got it thinking chip based might outperform my other demodulator but was about the same. Cabinet in good to very good cond. will ad photo later.
$150 plus ship or pick-up in So.Cal San Gabriel area phn xxx-xxx-xxxx no text, phn screen broken.
It's generally accepted that posting personal information on the internet like phone number or address is not a wise thing to do. Any reason why someone interested couldn't reach you via the forum PM function?

$150 plus ship or pick-up in So.Cal San Gabriel area phn 909-224-5078 no text, phn screen broken.
Are you the original owner, also, do you consider this unit in good working order and do you have a cart. to go with it?

I might be interested. Thanks!

Probably the best-looking and easiest to use of all demodulators. I have had mine for about 15 - 16 years and love it. The best features are:

1. Supports both magnetic and semi-conductor (strain gauge) cartridges
2. Has a meter, switchable for display of various functions, including carrier level and separation adjustment on the fly. You can use the meter instead of listening, to adjust levels going to any speaker. Great for adjusting for minimum output on the back channels during separation adjustment.
3. All controls on the front to allow above.
4. Switchable from input to the detector/demodulator to the direct output jacks which connect the phono inputs directly to the direct output jacks. Handy for connecting your turntable to another input such as a matrix decoder.
5. Automatic carrier level control and, even though it has carrier level adjustment, this circuit effectively obviates the need for these, as Lou Dorren explained. The Technics engineers insisted the adjustment be included even though they weren't really necessary, which I have verified.

About the only drawback is it doesn't have auxiliary inputs for a discrete input such as a Blu-Ray player or 4 channel tape deck.

These days, I would consider 150 bucks a pretty good deal for a working unit.

Doug

Last edited:
$150 plus ship or pick-up in So.Cal San Gabriel area phn 909-224-5078 no text, phn screen broken.
I looked for rules posting and couldn't find them , sorry about the phn number

It's generally accepted that posting personal information on the internet like phone number or address is not a wise thing to do. Any reason why someone interested couldn't reach you via the forum PM function?
I don't know how that works , but removed number

Are you the original owner, also, do you consider this unit in good working order and do you have a cart. to go with it?

I might be interested. Thanks!
Not original, no cart and my cart works best with JVC, I have several other demods of different brands and my cart works ok but, it subjective too.

Probably the best-looking and easiest to use of all demodulators. I have had mine for about 15 - 16 years and love it. The best features are:

1. Supports both magnetic and semi-conductor (strain gauge) cartridges
2. Has a meter, switchable for display of various functions, including carrier level and separation adjustment on the fly. You can use the meter instead of listening, to adjust levels going to any speaker. Great for adjusting for minimum output on the back channels during separation adjustment.
3. All controls on the front to allow above.
4. Switchable from input to the detector/demodulator to the direct output jacks which connect the phono inputs directly to the direct output jacks. Handy for connecting your turntable to another input such as a matrix decoder.
5. Automatic carrier level control and, even though it has carrier level adjustment, this circuit effectively obviates the need for these, as Lou Dorren explained. The Technics engineers insisted the adjustment be included even though they weren't really necessary, which I have verified.

About the only drawback is it doesn't have auxiliary inputs for a discrete input such as a Blu-Ray player or 4 channel tape deck.

These days, I would consider 150 bucks a pretty good deal for a working unit.

Doug
I agree, I don't think my cart makes best use of unit, I was drawn to it by all the controls on front. My JVC works best with my cart and I have several other demods, but JVC works best with my cartridge

I'm confused, what does a DTS test file have to do with a CD-4 demodulator??
And what is an USPS Money order, never heard of one?
No PayPal?
Files for the anyone who wants to hear how unit works and no P.P.
I'm also in the process of locally listing other stuff and probably shouldn't have
taken on too many things.

not sure how to do this ,but I have 5 files about 1 min long 1 for each channel in .wav
and one dts, if anyone should want to hear how it sounds

Attachments

• cd41.jpg
    cd41.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • cd42.jpg
    cd42.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
You go to the post office and buy one for the amount you are paying plus the charge for the money order. It's like a check but since you pre-pay, it is guaranteed.

Doug

Back