DVD Audio Extractor possible issues with latest version?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This geeky bit-rate is where I am clearly falling short in full comprehension of lossless compression. In a general search, some have said that a higher bit-rate yields a more accurate mathematical restoration, aka more pure sound. Those bit-rates for stereo files can range lets say between 2,000 and 3,000 kbps, depending on the level chosen. We all know that bit-rate matters for MP3 files... thus why would it be any different for FLAC? That is a rhetorical Q. I am still a bit stumped, but hearing that it may not matter for Lossless formats based on the above comments. Frankly, bit-depth is the most meaningful number to me, followed by sampling rate... and now I have become hyper focused on this bit-rate as my geeky side explodes out of my head.
FLAC is like zip. The highest compression and smallest file size is still lossless. They don't allow going so low that data is actually thrown away.
Lossy compression throws low level data away. It would be like a zip format that discards any pages of your document beyond page 10. (Then maybe a higher bit-rate only discards after page 20.)

In lossy formats, bit-rate lines up with remaining fidelity.
In lossless formats it's all about storage size. Actual data loss isn't allowed.

Back