Quad LP/Tape Poll Firesign Theatre: Everything You Know Is Wrong [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Everything You Know Is Wrong"

• 10: Tops!

Votes: 8 88.9%

Votes: 1 11.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 So-So

• 1 Utterly sux

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Columbia CQ/MAQ 33141, from 1974.

Side/Program 1:

"Everything You Know Is Wrong"

Side/Program 2:

"Everything You Know Is Wrong"

ED :)

I like this disc both for a slightly better quad mix than BOZOS and the material (humour) is much better.

I gave it a ten.

This is a very good disc to show off your SQ quad matrix capabilities.
I most definitely recommend this album.

One of their best, and in quad it's even more ridiculous and strange (and with references to previous albums and bits for those who can catch them). Some typically inchoate stuff here and there, but for quad, just relax and let the FS confuse and delight you. A '9' here.

I have the SQ quad LP, and it may be the best quad LP that I have in my collection. There's something interesting happening in the mix at all times. It absolutely blows away the Dolby Digital mix on the recent DVD set. 10 vote here.

These cats were also ahead of their time...the very title of the album sums up this period of our history, unfortunately, as people more than ever try to fob off lies as truth and truth as lies. That's always been the case, but the extremes we have in 2018 are truly beyond the pale. I put this one on again and laughed my ass off...a pity all four aren't still with us to pull a Monty Python and tour the country doing their crazy bits.

These cats were also ahead of their time

Bozos predicts hacking!

a pity all four aren't still with us to pull a Monty Python and tour the country doing their crazy bits.

I'm just glad I got to see them circa 1990...I think. Been so long now, I can't remember exactly when it was!

An absolutely amazing quadraphonic treat. As noted, there's always something going on in 'Everything you know is wrong' and it won't be long before you've succumbed to the high-, middle-, and low-brow hilarity of the Firesign Theatre. This beauty reveals more and more (and less and less) upon each repeated visit to the golden staircase to the sun, so spin it again and again; for me, it's an unadulterated TEN. Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

Last edited:
Bozos predicts hacking!

I'm just glad I got to see them circa 1990...I think. Been so long now, I can't remember exactly when it was!
I saw them on their 25th anniversary tour (which is available on DVD in 5.1!) and seem to recall it was 1993, which is 25 years after the 1968
WAITING FOR THE ELECTRICIAN etc. album. I got their signatures on a photo of them that was for sale (if you wanted their autographs).
This was Berkeley, and I was thrilled to actually hear my voice in the audience on the CD recording
(I yelled out "Pay the Lord!" and they repeated it :D).

They didn't say anything in the photo line, and I had a feeling there were tensions, but what do you expect from a group that
had been together so long.

"Bear Whiz Beer! It's in the water" - what a great album and surround treat. The Q8 got a lot of play by me back in '70s. As did "Bozo's"

Their albums were special. We used to play them over and over to the point where we knew them by heart. I still blurt out lines from "Nick Danger" or "How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You're Not Anywhere at All?"

People do not listen to material like this in the same manner these days. You don't sit in your room, put on a comedy or story album, and just lie there and listen to it. Now you have a phone, iPad, TV, you're doing multiple things while you watch a movie or whatever. Albums like these would never flourish like they did on college campuses and with high school kids. It's the way of the world but it's something that should be missed. Comedy albums were special back then, and the Firesign stuff has high-end comedy that made you think.

I'd have to give this a '10' if I haven't already. Many modern folk who listen to it once won't get it. You won't really get it until it's digested by repeated listens and you pick up all of the intricacies of the story. It's also of it's time. A time when Reebus Kaneebus might just jump over a large canyon.

Check it out for the quad and the "oh-wow"ness of the mix. Hang around for a while to really get it.

My swag from Firesign Theatre's 25th Anniversary Tour.

Attachments

• FS25thTour.JPG
    FS25thTour.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Have the Q8 but have not listened to it because I’m really not a fan. Bought the dvd from their website but just not able to get into them.

Back