Flaming Lips Yoshimi Atmos Blu-ray out November 1st, 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a concept, I’m not overly happy about Atmos remixes of existing, excellent 5.1 mixes.

But dayummm. Talk about hearing things you’ve never heard before.

Bring on the blu-ray, which features a 2nd album, also mixed in Atmos, titled American Head, according to rhino’s site:
https://www.rhino.com/article/the-f...shimi-battles-the-pink-robots-blu-ray-edition

Exciting stuff, @ForagingRhino

YOWSA
So far, American Head is only listed as available streaming on the Rhino site. Did I miss somerhing?

As a concept, I’m not overly happy about Atmos remixes of existing, excellent 5.1 mixes.

But dayummm. Talk about hearing things you’ve never heard before.

Bring on the blu-ray, which features a 2nd album, also mixed in Atmos, titled American Head, according to rhino’s site:
https://www.rhino.com/article/the-f...shimi-battles-the-pink-robots-blu-ray-edition

Exciting stuff, @ForagingRhino

YOWSA

13 Atmos tracks listed in the blu-ray contents.

I think that's another instance of carelessly/sloppily/misleadingly written publicity. The Atmos mix of American Head is (so far) streaming only--what's referred to on the page you linked as a "Digital Edition"--but not included on the Blu-Ray. (Tracklist for the Blu-Ray includes 11 audio tracks with Atmos, 5.1, and 2.0 mixes + 5 music videos. The two tracklists immediately below that are for the streaming "Digital Editions" of Yoshimi and American Head, respectively.)

Hopefully American Head will eventually get its own Blu-Ray release?

Hmmm... I wonder if digital album is an entirely different thing than the blu-ray. Though the digital album of Yoshimi and American Head are listed like, right under the blu-ray. Kinda looks like blu-ray contents. If AH is streaming-only, that's ok with me. I'm still excited about the Yoshimi Atmos mix on blu-ray.

Hmmm... I wonder if digital album is an entirely different thing than the blu-ray. Though the digital album of Yoshimi and American Head are listed like, right under the blu-ray. Kinda looks like blu-ray contents. If AH is streaming-only, that's ok with me. I'm still excited about the Yoshimi Atmos mix on blu-ray.
Digital album = streaming

Back