Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mastered by Ted Jensen, there goes all my excitement for the album remaster and bonus tracks.

Please powers of the universe, make sure the 5.1 mix is mastered properly. I only have a couple examples of 5.1 mixes mastered by Ted Jensen and they're all nice and dynamic unlike his super slam stereo superpowers , but they're also all live concerts.

If the main album is DR7 or higher, I'll be surprised.

Mastered by Ted Jensen, there goes all my excitement for the album remaster and bonus tracks.

Please powers of the universe, make sure the 5.1 mix is mastered properly. I only have a couple examples of 5.1 mixes mastered by Ted Jensen and they're all nice and dynamic unlike his super slam stereo superpowers , but they're also all live concerts.

If the main album is DR7 or higher, I'll be surprised.

Here is a preview of what the CDs "might" look like

Vinyl cut from the digital transfers...

Yes and that's even more infuriating, if you're sending the original analogue stereo master to Sterling Sound, why not let Jensen do the 24/192 mastering for all digital releases (from which Ray Janos will likely be cutting the lacquers from) and then send the tapes a couple doors down to Ryan K. Smith in George Marino's old room who DOES have the ability to cut lacquers in an all analogue chain.

Seriously frustrating that major labels keep cocking this stuff up when it's so obvious to informed consumers what the correct/better course of action would have been.

You're telling me for $1000/set you couldn't afford to have the vinyl separately mastered at THE SAME mastering facility?

I will say after watching the video of the mega box...there is one word that made me smile and gives me hope...when talking about the blu ray he used the word discrete...combine that statement with the fact they got Elliot Scheiner to work on the mix...AT LEAST that tells me they tried to do the right thing...

One random thought....although I'm not interested in the "accessory laden" features of the mega set...I'd love to have that USB stick and might buy it if it was offered separately...

No shipping notice yet from ImportCDs. Secretly regretting not paying extra from Amazon this moment.

I think you are anticipating this release more than anyone on this site.....even more than G...and that is saying something....6 months from now you will realize it was a wise decision to save a few bucks(y)

Last edited:
I think you are anticipating this release more than anyone on this site.....even more than G...and that is saying something....6 months from now you will realize if was a wise decision to save a few bucks(y)
I mean, I flew to Las Vegas in 2016 for their reunion shows (admittedly, two ladyfriends wanting to come with helped, but...). It's probably my favorite album. So yeah :)

I received my notification from ImportCD as well. The RACE is ON. Who will be the first? In the US, July 4th [Independence Day] is a holiday so everything's shut down.

The DRAMA............

But for $113.80 and free shipping/NO tax [that 10% discount eradicated all s/h charges] ........... NO complaints here!

Last edited:
Back