Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm stuck in the warehouse on this one, but fingers crossed it's a good one! :phones

Yep, Mr. Smithers, For the East Coast of the US, the HEAT will literally be on as we're anticipating triple digit temperatures for the next 4 or 5 days.

I'm sure by next week ALL the reviews will be in and you can base your decision to buy Appetite accordingly. In the meantime, you'll be hiding out in Hyde Park witnessing Paulie Simon's FAREWELL TOUR carrying your placard "Paul, Don't Be a Sod, Give QUAD a NOD" representing QQers ALL OVER THE GLOBE who want his QUAD catalog on physical disc.

Yep, Mr. Smithers, For the East Coast of the US, the HEAT will literally be on as we're anticipating triple digit temperatures for the next 4 or 5 days.

I'm sure by next week ALL the reviews will be in and you can base your decision to buy Appetite accordingly. In the meantime, you'll be hiding out in Hyde Park witnessing Paulie Simon's FAREWELL TOUR carrying your placard "Paul, Don't Be a Sod, Give QUAD a NOD" representing QQers ALL OVER THE GLOBE who want his QUAD catalog on physical disc.

Strewth! Lucky Snood has his new A/C unit :cool: Welcome to the heat Jungle! Feel my my my serpentine-ice-cream!

The banner is being commissioned right now and I have a fitting for the Art Garfunkel hair piece tomorrow... :giggle:

I'm sure it's going to be a great mix. It's an appetite for great surround...

Strewth! Lucky Snood has his new A/C unit :cool: Welcome to the heat Jungle! Feel my my my serpentine-ice-cream!

The banner is being commissioned right now and I have a fitting for the Art Garfunkel hair piece tomorrow... :giggle:

I'm sure it's going to be a great mix. It's an appetite for great surround...

Right on, Mr. Smithers. I have NO doubt the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 remix for Appetite will be astounding. I finally heard ES' remix of Layla [I previously had the mch SACD] and I could not believe how brilliant it was....akin to hearing it for the very first time.

And don't overdo the Art Garfunkel hair piece or you'll end up looking like https://media.tmz.com/2017/08/08/0808-phil-spector-ap-3.jpg

Last edited:
Crikey! There's a lesson not to commit crime there!

So a little confused - is this a new ELS mix or one that's been sitting in vaults for many years?! Appetite was never on the "scheduled" or rumoured sacd/dvda release list IIRC?!

Well it's certainly coming out now. Just wondered if ELS did it recently?

I would assume it's an older ES remix. It's rumored that a lot of ES' 5.1 remixes are languishing in the vaults including his Steely Dan remixes which remain unreleased. Although he's 'retired' there's still evidence he's dabbling in pet projects. Can't keep a good man down and besides, retirement's OVERRATED! I'm semi~retired.....but underrated!:(

Last edited:
AFD was scheduled for release as a Blu-Ray Audio in 2012 but pulled- would have been stereo only.

I suspect this might be new, though. Who knows, but for the longest time Axl wanted to obliterate this album, including re-recording it with his new ensemble, disparaging it to the media, and trying to move in a different musical direction. Obviously Universal Music had zero interest in a re-record of AFD (and was generally less than pleased with most of his stunts), but it's hard to imagine calling Scheiner in unless there seemed a likelihood of getting band approval - something very unlikely until 2016. And remember that they missed the 30th Anniversary last year, when it would be logical to release this - I'm guessing the wheels started turning when they reunited.

AFD was scheduled for release as a Blu-Ray Audio in 2012 but pulled- would have been stereo only.

I suspect this might be new, though. Who knows, but for the longest time Axl wanted to obliterate this album, including re-recording it with his new ensemble, disparaging it to the media, and trying to move in a different musical direction. Obviously Universal Music had zero interest in a re-record of AFD (and was generally less than pleased with most of his stunts), but it's hard to imagine calling Scheiner in unless there seemed a likelihood of getting band approval - something very unlikely until 2016. And remember that they missed the 30th Anniversary last year, when it would be logical to release this - I'm guessing the wheels started turning when they reunited.

Fascinating back story, ubertrout. Had Universal released it back in 2012 as a Stereo only BD~A [Bummer] unlikely it would've been re~released in 2018 as a BD~A 5.1.

Just glad someone had the foresight to enlist ES for the surround remix. You're always in GOOD HANDS with Scheiner.

I suspect that part of 5.1 mix may have been sitting around for a period of time. The reason I say that is Elliot Scheiner did not create all of the 5.1 mixes we will get on this Blu-ray Audio disc. The scope of the project must have expanded and someone else was brought in to mix the additional tracks. Otherwise, it makes no sense why Scheiner did not mix all tracks.

I suspect that part of 5.1 mix may have been sitting around for a period of time. The reason I say that is Elliot Scheiner did not create all of the 5.1 mixes we will get on this Blu-ray Audio disc. The scope of the project must have expanded and someone else was brought in to mix the additional tracks. Otherwise, it makes no sense why Scheiner did not mix all tracks.

He did mix Patience, (Bonus Track) which is nice to know and all the Music Videos are synced to ES's 5.1 mix

DISC 5 – BLU-RAY AUDIO
96kHz 24-bit 5.1 Surround Sound & Remastered Stereo
5.1 Surround Sound mixed by *Elliot Scheiner and **Frank Filipetti

All Previously Unreleased

APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION*

Welcome To The Jungle
It’s So Easy
Nightrain
Out Ta Get Me
Mr. Brownstone
Paradise City
My Michelle
Think About You
Sweet Child O’ Mine
You’re Crazy
Anything Goes
Rocket Queen
Produced by Mike Clink

Stereo mixed by Steve Thompson and Michael Barbiero

BONUS TRACKS

Shadow Of Your Love**
Patience*
Used To Love Her**
You’re Crazy**
Move To The City (1988 Acoustic Version)**
MUSIC VIDEOS*

Welcome To The Jungle
Sweet Child O’Mine
Paradise City
Patience
It’s So Easy – BRAND NEW VIDEO FROM 1989

I cut my teeth on this album

Last edited:
That is one seriously cool deluxe box.

I think rather having a Grand in my pocket is seriously cool

But I know what you're saying

The infamous poster is included in full Glory along with a Litho of Axl as a Skeleton in a Hieronymus Bosch The Hell version of Sodom and Gomorrah

Last edited:

According to discogs...Elliot's involvement is listed as 2018...under "production"....but the record industry is famous for not being very transparent when it comes to "who did what"...as far as credit goes...some people are heavily involved but their name doesn't even get mentioned on some projects...while others with name recognition are highlighted when they are merely administrators on the project..

I agree with you....this isn't some old mix that ES did "back in the day"...it's current...

Elliot is credited with mixing the entire original album....Frank Filipetti is credited(under technical)with working on the bonus tracks with ES....and Frank has worked on a lot of projects...check this out...this doesn't seem like a mix that was in the can...this seems like a new mix to me...

Back