Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's put it this way:

When the Aqualung boxset w/the BD~A came out it was $99. Last year, Deep Discount blew it out for $28 + s/h

The ROXY boxset went as high as $320 and I just purchased it for $64 + tx from AmazonUS

Fish Out of Water Boxset is going as high as $115~125 on the web. I just snagged it for $66 + s/h [ImportCD]

Patience IS a virtue especially if all you really want is the BD~A 5.1

1525374042571.png
1525374042571.png

I wonder if the box set in the unboxing video isn't a retailer exclusive, possibly to the GNR site. I agree that $180 is not enough for the wooden box and cross, unless it is really cheap quality. Perhaps, though, the contents are identical aside from the packaging, and possibly the memorabilia and/or book. That would mean the CD/Vinyl/Blu-ray Audio and USB stick would be in the $180 version.

I wonder if the box set in the unboxing video isn't a retailer exclusive, possibly to the GNR site. I agree that $180 is not enough for the wooden box and cross, unless it is really cheap quality. Perhaps, though, the contents are identical aside from the packaging, and possibly the memorabilia and/or book. That would mean the CD/Vinyl/Blu-ray Audio and USB stick would be in the $180 version.
According to a GnR forum site, the one shown in the unboxing is $650.

According to a GnR forum site, the one shown in the unboxing is $650.

I think people have pulled that number out of thin air, but you can never tell with wood products...it might be even more expensive than that. But if it is so expensive, then surely, it's genuinely limited, and so the only option that really makes sense for something like this would be store exclusivity. If they put it up on Amazon, there is a definite risk of overselling and not being able to meet all orders.

I entered the gnr site trough my mobile and it pinpoints a location in Mexico City (4kms from my actual location)....the app says i need to go there today if i want to participatw.....is somebody else aware of these?

I've pre-ordered from Amazon (the $180 version, not the $650 version). This is going to be my very first time pre-ordering a megabox, and likely the only time thereafter as well, unless they do something similar for UYI 1 & 2. But I suppose we'll have more details come midnight.

Whats the diff between the 2 and where do ya see them listed separately Uber? :unsure:

And...I misspoke. There's a blu-ray audio with a 5.1 mix. The version showed in the unboxing is I suspect the beyond super deluxe edition, but we'll learn more in the next days and weeks I suspect.

So, this is huge, at least for me. GnR is my favorite rock act, enough that I saw them twice on their reunion tour (in Vegas and locally). I've always hoped for this album (IMO the finest rock album, period) in 5.1 but assumed it would never happen. More to come here.

That is an impressive looking collection.

Surround mix is by Elliot Scheider. Super Deluxe Digital Version is $180 and includes the following on the BD-A:

1 Blu-ray Audio Disc:
  • New 96kHz 24-bit 5.1 Surround Sound Mixes from Original Analog Multi-tracks
  • Original Album Mixed by Elliot Scheiner
  • 5 Bonus Tracks Mixed by Elliot Scheiner & Frank Filipetti
  • All songs feature brand new animations
  • 4 Original Music Videos in 5.1
  • Unreleased 1989 “It’s So Easy” Video in 5.1
The "Locked N' Loaded" set is $1,000.

Surround mix is by Elliot Scheider. Super Deluxe Digital Version is $180 and includes the following on the BD-A:

1 Blu-ray Audio Disc:
So, since they refer to the $180 edition as "digital" I guess it won't have all of that vinyl.

1 Blu-ray Audio Disc:

FANTASTIC news!!! When it comes to Scheiner and Wilson, the extra money is worth it. Hope "Patience" is one of the extra tracks.

5.1 Surround Sound mixed by *Elliot Scheiner and **Frank Filipetti:

BONUS TRACKS
1. Shadow Of Your Love**
2. Patience*
3. Used To Love Her**
4. You’re Crazy**
5. Move To The City (1988 Acoustic Version)**

MUSIC VIDEOS*
1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. Sweet Child O’Mine
3. Paradise City
4. Patience