Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered from Amazon.ca for around $150. Will be watching for bargains. Hopefully deepdiscounts or a similar outlet saves the day here.

I think it will be more than that from Canada..right now it's roughly $199 CA(with shipping)...but amazon doesn't use the standard conversion method from Canadian to US dollars...if they did it would be around what you said..around $155 with the current rates..but it's usually higher than that when amazon applies their conversion rates.....when it gets a little closer to the release date we will be able to see what the actual conversion will be...

I think it will be more than that from Canada..right now it's roughly $199 CA(with shipping)...but amazon doesn't use the standard conversion method from Canadian to US dollars...if they did it would be around what you said..around $155 with the current rates..but it's usually higher than that when amazon applies their conversion rates.....when it gets a little closer to the release date we will be able to see what the actual conversion will be...

As long as you pay in Canadian currency and let your CC do the conversion, you won't have to worry about that. I never pay in Amazon conversion currency when I order from Amazon US or UK, I always pay with a credit card that doesn't charge the 2.5% fee too. Bill me in the original currency cheers!

Someone on the SDE comments section says they've heard Vlado Meller is the remastering engineer, dear God please say it ain't so...or if he is that the 5.1 mix is mastered by someone else.

Don't let this wonderful news of ES 5.1 mixes be shattered knowing that Vlado the Impaler is going to slam the living snot out of everything.

As long as you pay in Canadian currency and let your CC do the conversion, you won't have to worry about that. I never pay in Amazon conversion currency when I order from Amazon US or UK, I always pay with a credit card that doesn't charge the 2.5% fee too. Bill me in the original currency cheers!

Well done!...I use Chase and I get the worst of both worlds...when I use the card on amazon UK I pay the amazon "rate" and then Chase adds a foreign transaction fee:censored:

Pre-ordered, one of the few bands where I only love one album, luckily this is the one. The Robert Williams print is cool too.

Well done!...I use Chase and I get the worst of both worlds...when I use the card on amazon UK I pay the amazon "rate" and then Chase adds a foreign transaction fee:censored:

Yeesh that sucks! Chase just exited the market in Canada, they were doing the Amazon Canada VISA and Marriott Rewards VISA cards here in Canada and March 15th they closed both so they could leave the market, they were 2 of only 3 cards that did NOT charge the foreign exchange fee, lol.

That's brutal, did you try Amazon help to see about reversing the "prices in your currency" option? Because when I shop, I have the option of being billed in my local currency or in the original currency so I always choose original.

Credit cards should work for you, find a card that doesn't charge the extra! I have one card now that I use ONLY for foreign shopping, just to save that 2.5%. Heck in 2013 I ordered my Panny plasma TC-P60VT60 from Paul's TV in California shipped to Buffalo, was US$1900 (steal) so I saved almost $50 by avoiding that extra fee.

Yeesh that sucks! Chase just exited the market in Canada, they were doing the Amazon Canada VISA and Marriott Rewards VISA cards here in Canada and March 15th they closed both so they could leave the market, they were 2 of only 3 cards that did NOT charge the foreign exchange fee, lol.

That's brutal, did you try Amazon help to see about reversing the "prices in your currency" option? Because when I shop, I have the option of being billed in my local currency or in the original currency so I always choose original.

Credit cards should work for you, find a card that doesn't charge the extra! I have one card now that I use ONLY for foreign shopping, just to save that 2.5%. Heck in 2013 I ordered my Panny plasma TC-P60VT60 from Paul's TV in California shipped to Buffalo, was US$1900 (steal) so I saved almost $50 by avoiding that extra fee.

My rate wasn't 2.5%..it was very small...I was losing more money with the amazon currency conversion...but when you consider the money I usually saved by purchasing from the UK vs the US it didn't really bother me...plus I didn't make that many UK purchases

Before you posted, Clint [missed ya], I did add it to my post. I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up he did a fresh 5.1 mix for the group.

I think you stumbled on some "gold"...one of those projects from 2017 is a Warner production on 3 CD's....great songlist...and if ES really worked on these...I will be over the moon...I'm ordering it now...for under $18 here

I think you stumbled on some "gold"...one of those projects from 2017 is a Warner production on 3 CD's....great songlist...and if ES really worked on these...I will be over the moon...I'm ordering it now...for under $18 here
I don't see any mention of those being surround mixes. That would be some kind of holy grail.

My rate wasn't 2.5%..it was very small...I was losing more money with the amazon currency conversion...but when you consider the money I usually saved by purchasing from the UK vs the US it didn't really bother me...plus I didn't make that many UK purchases
Good looking out for the group. At checkout I got a message saying conversion wasn't available, whatever that means. They charged $10 CAD for shipping. I use an Amazon CC, which gives a few % back.

Good looking out for the group. At checkout I got a message saying conversion wasn't available, whatever that means. They charged $10 CAD for shipping. I use an Amazon CC, which gives a few % back.

The currency feature is disabled right now and when it gets closer to the release date it will be activated....I never thought of an amazon CC...I do have the amazon store card and only use it for the promotional interest free plans...looks like the amazon CC without prime gives you 3% back....in my case amazon is now the last resort since they built the warehouse in Florida...I have to pay tax(around 7%)which negates any savings I would get from the amazon CC...

Like wise ordered. Great cross section of songs from multiple labels. Good find Clint.*

Unfortunately, NO mention of Elliot Scheiner association [whatsoever] with 1987's Appetite for Destruction. Hmmmm.

Probably NOT a complete list of Scheiner's credits.....or so one would hope!

*Hold the Press: Canceled AmazonUS order........WAY cheaper from AmazonUK [£4.19 w/VAT removed]: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acoustic-70s-Various-Artists/dp/B076P9V88P/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1525450044&sr=1-1&keywords=acoustic+seventies&dpID=515%2B7bk3CjL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch [$10.21 including s/h]

Last edited:
I think you stumbled on some "gold"...one of those projects from 2017 is a Warner production on 3 CD's....great songlist...and if ES really worked on these...I will be over the moon...I'm ordering it now...

Post revised to include Ralphie's find with a better price on amazon UK for THREE CD's here

Back