Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting tidbit in the official press release:

The Blu-ray Audio disc contains the 12 tracks from the original album as newly mixed in glorious 96kHz 24-bit 5.1 surround sound from the original multi-tracks by legendary producer Elliot Scheiner (Steely Dan, Eagles), plus 5 bonus tracks mixed in 5.1 surround sound by both Scheiner and Frank Filipetti (Billy Joel, Elton John). Additionally, the Blu-ray includes four iconic GN'R music videos that have been newly sync'd to both remastered stereo audio and new 5.1 surround sound mixes, plus a brand-new video for "It's So Easy" that was shot in 1989 by the band but was never completely finished — until now in 4K HD from 16mm film transfers.

5.1 Surround Sound mixed by *Elliot Scheiner and **Frank Filipetti:

BONUS TRACKS
1. Shadow Of Your Love**
2. Patience*
3. Used To Love Her**
4. You’re Crazy**
5. Move To The City (1988 Acoustic Version)**

MUSIC VIDEOS*
1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. Sweet Child O’Mine
3. Paradise City
4. Patience
5. It’s So Easy – BRAND NEW VIDEO FROM 1989

wow..!! :eek:
the 5.1 is by my hero Mr.Scheiner..!!! :love:

i was on the fence but I've got to get it now i know the mix pedigree!! i'll start saving the pennies... :smokin

wow..!! :eek:
the 5.1 is by my hero Mr.Scheiner..!!! :love:

i was on the fence but I've got to get it now i know the mix pedigree!! i'll start saving the pennies... :smokin

Yowza, Yowza: An Elliot Scheiner 5.1 remix. I think I just got my appetite back!:LB

Axl's distinctive scowl :eek: and Slash's searing guitar:SG should sound awesome in TRUE HI RES 96/24 5.1!

Might as well use up my $250 AmazonUS gift card!

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...t-music-gunsnroses-boxset-20180503-story.html

Last edited:
Scheiner is back from retirement? That is the best news of all. Bring on UYI and Steely Dans (5.1 mixes that is, ok. )

i imagine it's a mix they've had in the can for some time but i could be wrong. i hope i am wrong and he is back! the Steely Dan's would be right up there with my most wished for unreleased 5.1's along with the rest of the Elton's and any other surround mixes Universal abandoned back in the mid-2000's.

Surround mix is by Elliot Scheiner. Super Deluxe Digital Version is $180 and includes the following on the BD-A:

1 Blu-ray Audio Disc:
  • New 96kHz 24-bit 5.1 Surround Sound Mixes from Original Analog Multi-tracks
  • Original Album Mixed by Elliot Scheiner
  • 5 Bonus Tracks Mixed by Elliot Scheiner & Frank Filipetti
  • All songs feature brand new animations
  • 4 Original Music Videos in 5.1
  • Unreleased 1989 “It’s So Easy” Video in 5.1
The "Locked N' Loaded" set is $1,000.

Yeah, it's incredible that the Blu-ray is not exclusive to the Locked N' Loaded box set. I would have bought it if I had to, but it's great to save at least $819.02 with Amazon instead.

Wow, Elliot Scheiner has done the 5.1 mix, love his work on Beck's Sea Change and Steely Dan's Gaucho 5.1's.

What's the likelihood of a stand alone blu ray though, i'm guessing they're going to pull a Rush (Farewell to Kings) and only include it (for now?) as part of the deluxe boxes :(

Have to add, i didn't see this 5.1 coming (wasnt even on my radar), how about doing a 42nd anniversary Aerosmith - Rocks 5.1 Mix this year? :)

Last edited:

CD2 – B-SIDES N’ EPS: REMASTERED
Whole Lotta Rosie (Live)

CD 3 – 1986 SOUND CITY SESSION
All Previously Unreleased

Welcome To The Jungle (1986 Sound City Session)
Nightrain (1986 Sound City Session)
Out Ta Get Me (1986 Sound City Session)
Paradise City (1986 Sound City Session)
My Michelle (1986 Sound City Session)
Think About You (1986 Sound City Session)
You’re Crazy (1986 Sound City Session)
Anything Goes (1986 Sound City Session)
Rocket Queen (1986 Sound City Session)
Shadow Of Your Love (1986 Sound City Session)
Heartbreak Hotel (1986 Sound City Session)
Jumpin’ Jack Flash (1986 Sound City Session

CD 4 – 1986 SOUND CITY SESSION N’ MORE
All Previously Unreleased

Shadow Of Your Love

wait

what?

Gun's doing AC/DC, doin' Sound City, done Shadow Of Your Love

Sound City is Temple, Shadow is lore

best of the year IMO

I agree, this mix was in the can awhile a go. Elliot's sleeping

Last edited:
For those that don't remember this album ...for some reason the song Paradise City is "muted" and there is no music for about 7 minutes..after Mr. Brownstone to the 27.24 mark it's silent..the last song Rocket Queen is also "muted"

Last edited:
appetite_sde.jpg

the cover was the inside of the original cardboard long sleeve

tiny controversy at the time

it's so easy

when everyone's tryin' to please me

OMG Patience music video with new 5.1 mix by ES?

I just died and went to surround heaven, that's MASSIVE news we're getting some of the Lies stuff in 5.1 too, and that the Blu-ray Disc isn't only on the Stupor Deluxe $1000 edition, lol. I was on the fence about Badmotorfinger deluxe for $180 because Adam Kasper did the 5.1 mix (and it's actually not anywhere near as bad as Superunknown) but ES + Lies stuff?

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! Yes!!!! (in Sebastian Vettel voice)

Back