Hawkwind: Space Ritual (Stephen W Tayler 5.1 mix coming in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope he chimes in, because it appears from the link that he just did the stereo remixes.
Chiming in.

I have mixed 'Space Ritual' in 5.1 - using the full length versions of all songs and including the encore. On the BluRay it is presented as a continuous event as the concert was intended so you can get engaged with and lost in the whole experience! There is also a stereo version. These are the tracks as selected from the London and Liverpool shows for the original version.

In addition I have mixed in stereo the entire London and Liverpool concerts - using actual parts where possible that had been overdubbed or replaced for the original version - and also the show from Sunderland that has never been released before.

Quite the psychedelic experience working through all this!! SWT

Chiming in.

I have mixed 'Space Ritual' in 5.1 - using the full length versions of all songs and including the encore. On the BluRay it is presented as a continuous event as the concert was intended so you can get engaged with and lost in the whole experience!
Excellent news! I’m “in” whichever, but I thought I’d see if you could clarify if there’s “track markers” or not on the blu ray to allow, for instance, jumping straight to “You Shouldn’t Do That” (and speaking of that, I certainly hope you get your 5.1 claws into “In Search of Space”, my first and still fave Hawkwind). Cheers!

All I need to know is where is the pre-order?
This is going to be an expensive wonderful year for surround

Excellent news! I’m “in” whichever, but I thought I’d see if you could clarify if there’s “track markers” or not on the blu ray to allow, for instance, jumping straight to “You Shouldn’t Do That” (and speaking of that, I certainly hope you get your 5.1 claws into “In Search of Space”, my first and still fave Hawkwind). Cheers!
Yes, there should always be track markers on the BluRay. SWT

I didn't get to see them on the Space Ritual tour, but the album was played a lot at school parties (it was pretty much all us boys loved it, the girls didn't really). Its a fantastic album, great to get a true 5.1 mix.

So will we get "In Search Of Space" in 5.1? my first album which I got for Xmas '71 on cassette at the age of 14.

I didn't get to see them on the Space Ritual tour, but the album was played a lot at school parties (it was pretty much all us boys loved it, the girls didn't really). Its a fantastic album, great to get a true 5.1 mix.

So will we get "In Search Of Space" in 5.1? my first album which I got for Xmas '71 on cassette at the age of 14.
Cool! Was it your parents who gifted you the cassette? Did you ask for it?

Cool! Was it your parents who gifted you the cassette? Did you ask for it?
Yes it was, and I asked for it, as I had heard/read of Hawkwind but not heard them. I saw it outside a shop in the village we lived in on a carousel with cassettes, and saw the cover and thought that's for me! My father said but there only a few tracks on it are you sure? I still love the album.

Yes it was, and I asked for it, as I had heard/read of Hawkwind but not heard them. I saw it outside a shop in the village we lived in on a carousel with cassettes, and saw the cover and thought that's for me! My father said but there only a few tracks on it are you sure? I still love the album.
What a fantastic 1st album to own... and kudos to your parents.

What a fantastic 1st album to own... and kudos to your parents.
I was listening to In Search Of Space, my Dad stuck his head round the door and said I can see why you like it, its not for me though! My father and grandmother, were both excellent musicians (both had perfect pitch, sadly I don't) and we were brought up to appreciate music in general, plus my father's parents didn't approve of his love of Jazz, so he was determined we could listen to what we wanted.

I hope importcds lists it soon. I certainly enjoyed what Tayler did with the remix of the Moody Blues at the RAH on the To Our Children's Children's Children deluxe box set. So, I am definitely excited to hear what he did with Space Ritual.

Ugh. I'm concerned about the quality of shipping from Cherry Red. For sure, when they ship a single disk (for example) to the US, it comes in a super flimsy paper mailer with 1 layer of small bubble wrap.

That isn't going to hack it for something of this size.

My box sets from Cherry Red come in cardboard boxes, granted it is within the UK.
OK, that's good to know. Then, it would only make sense they would do the same for international shipments. I believe I'll go ahead and pre-order then. I don't want to miss out.

Back