I need a new decoder/processor/preamp - suggestions please

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your input chaps. Youre right about both my budget and the lack of lower priced standalone processors.
Ive added another 200 euro to my budget and have found a few 9.2 receivers (with an additional 2 line level height channels) for around the 700 euro mark.
Unfortunately theyre either in the UK (which now entails usurious import duties since brexit) or continental europe and so far Im struggling to find someone happy to deliver to Ireland - Ill just have to be patient until something rears its head.
Thankfully, I never did get around to getting rid of my old Teufel 5.1 decoder so, whilst far from ideal, at least I have that to tide me over

Can't it be repaired?
Its endlessly cycling the loading process. Research suggests that is the kiss of death. So far as I can ascertain, theres no Emotiva support in Europe and its not going to be financially viable to return it to its home on the offchance that it is repairable, especially since Emotiva no longer seem to offer support for it.

Besides which, its an excuse to buy an exciting new toy.................

Thanks for your input chaps. Youre right about both my budget and the lack of lower priced standalone processors.
Ive added another 200 euro to my budget and have found a few 9.2 receivers (with an additional 2 line level height channels) for around the 700 euro mark.
Unfortunately theyre either in the UK (which now entails usurious import duties since brexit) or continental europe and so far Im struggling to find someone happy to deliver to Ireland - Ill just have to be patient until something rears its head.
Thankfully, I never did get around to getting rid of my old Teufel 5.1 decoder so, whilst far from ideal, at least I have that to tide me over

Given the time of the year, it would be sensible to hold out until the Black Friday and the week that follows. There are usually a couple of AVR deals available truly at once-in-a-year prices.

Back