RIP Phil Lesh, bassist and founding member of The Grateful Dead

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SAD news, indeed. In March of 2023 Phil Lesh keeping the Dead Head tradition alive played his 100th concert at our local Capitol Theater in Port Chester, New York, a village of 25K residents and every time he came to town the downtown area would reek of POT and the dead heads with their tweaked out mini vans would pile into town.

In March of 2024 to celebrate his 84th and sadly, final birthday, he played his last concert at the venue.

May you R.I.P. Phil and regards to your other bandmates in that GREAT BEYOND!

Was able to catch the Grateful Dead in their Indian Summer days of the late 80s / early 90s, and was always amused
by people preferring to be on "Jerry's side" or "Phil's side" of the stage. Heard some show peaks that showed how awesome
they would have been in their earlier days. That era is ever fading. . . .

Was able to catch the Grateful Dead in their Indian Summer days of the late 80s / early 90s, and was always amused
by people preferring to be on "Jerry's side" or "Phil's side" of the stage. Heard some show peaks that showed how awesome
they would have been in their earlier days. That era is ever fading. . . .
The “sides” live on in the Phish community. left Side is “Page Side” and right side is “Mike Side”.

It started to catch on a bit with King Gizzard but they shifted their stage positions this tour scuttling any attempt to claim side names

I got to see the Grateful Dead twice. First time at the Omni in Atlanta in 1990, second time at Buckeye in Ohio in 1994. What an amazing time. Rest in Peace Phil. 😢

Sad to hear. Gotta say I missed his playing when I saw Dead and Company a while back, he was just so loose and creative.

Back