Jack Bruce "Songs For A Tailor" (Stephen W Tayler 5.1 mix coming soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my order with Bull Moose since July. At that time, their price was competitive, now importCD...once again...has offered the lowest price. Add that with the fact that BM still shows July 26 release date....and nothing. I canceled and went with importCD.

Now let's see if my strategy backfires. lol

As much as this release interests me, I'm not sure I like this album enough to pay that much.
How's the bonus material?

I've had my order with Bull Moose since July. At that time, their price was competitive, now importCD...once again...has offered the lowest price. Add that with the fact that BM still shows July 26 release date....and nothing. I canceled and went with importCD.

Again: if it's good enough for @GOS . . . i just did the same!

My strategy did NOT backfire. importCD has just shipped my copy.

I was on the fence until the Rarewaves price with discount. Ordered that and the Robin Trower box which I also sat out until now. Will report when I get them.

VIDEO BLU RAY OF THE 1970 DOCUMENTARY FILM ROPE LADDER TO THE MOON.

I just finished this Stereo Doc.
Highly enjoyable, gives good insight into Jack's feelings and emotions from his youth and further in Glasgow, Scotland.
He mentions quite a bit that he will never need money from his recording career at the point of film 1970.
If I remember correctly when Cream reunited in London and New York it was Eric trying to help Jack and Ginger (not the drink) get a boost of funds for there lack of funds.

Songs for a Tailor
from a Tayler!
IMG_6191.jpeg

Highly enjoyable, gives good insight into Jack's feelings and emotions from his youth and further in Glasgow, Scotland.
He mentions quite a bit that he will never need money from his recording career at the point of film 1970.
If I remember correctly when Cream reunited in London and New York it was Eric trying to help Jack and Ginger (not the drink) get a boost of funds for there lack of funds.
Jack had liver cancer, needed a transplant the year before.
Old rock stars, little or no insurance, at the tender mercies of the National Health.

If Stephen Tayler mixes the 5.1 its gotta be sonically taylered beautifully!
First listen blu ray 5.1 album & stereo bonus tracks.
What a delight!
Surround mix spreads the sound field to reveal much more than I heard on vinyl 55 years ago, with great clarity.
Lovely hot signal in all channels, be aware when switching from those attenuated Atmos mixes to turn down the gain.

Though the ten album tracks run less than 33 minutes, they are a tour de force of Jack's musical range & ambition.
He was the most musically educated member of Cream, with his cello & piano chops.

Poor Eric was so burned out & chastened by a poor review in Rolling Stone, all he wanted to do was play backup with Delaney & Bonnie and old Buddy Holly songs with Blind Faith.

Jack was the one who was stretching beyond the power trio boogieing, which remains unsurpassed to this day, but had run its course.

The bonus tracks were a revelation of how he worked out his musical vision with the band.

The design of the box is excellent, four gatefold disc packs & typographically readable 64-page booklet.

Happy to see credit to @Stephen W Tayler for his mixes, prominently displayed multiple places, after going through the nektar ~ remember the future box last week and finding none.

:51QQ

IIRC, Ginger had said something to the effect that they should get back together one more time and take advantage of the blessing that they were all fortunately still alive and capable of making excellent music together. Eric and Ginger, after all, had been fortunate enough to survive heroin addiction.

Back