Jane's Addiction Perry Farrell in Boston

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No surprise there

IMG_8043.png

Yeah vocals low in the mix, which seems too common these days, is not the fault of a band member
I totally get that. There is, however, a fairly reliable report of an incident that took place at a show in New Orleans in August. Specifically, Farrell talked on stage about how New Orleans was a great place to score heroin. This comes from a local radio DJ who attended a show there.

Oh I'm not saying he wasn't out of his mind, just that his wife was blaming it on factors only a drug addled mind would take other band members to task for.

Oh I'm not saying he wasn't out of his mind, just that his wife was blaming it on factors only a drug addled mind would take other band members to task for.

It's also disingenuous to say that the crowd and the band were all experiencing a bad mix, because they all would've been hearing different things: personalised wedge monitor (or in-ear monitor) mixes for each of the band members, and another mix for the actual PA system that the crowd was hearing. If he had an actual grievance and wanted to punch someone it would've been with the front-of-house engineer, not the shirtless guitar player.

The thing that really blew my mind in the article I read was that Farrell is 65 and Navarro is 57 - I'm not one normally for looking backward with rose-tinted glasses, but I sort of miss the days of the "generation gap" when guys of that age looked (and acted) like Perry Como, or Andy Williams or Johnny Mathis, haha.

It's also disingenuous to say that the crowd and the band were all experiencing a bad mix, because they all would've been hearing different things: personalised wedge monitor (or in-ear monitor) mixes for each of the band members, and another mix for the actual PA system that the crowd was hearing. If he had an actual grievance and wanted to punch someone it would've been with the front-of-house engineer, not the shirtless guitar player.

The thing that really blew my mind in the article I read was that Farrell is 65 and Navarro is 57 - I'm not one normally for looking backward with rose-tinted glasses, but I sort of miss the days of the "generation gap" when guys of that age looked (and acted) like Perry Como, or Andy Williams or Johnny Mathis, haha.
Somehow I just can’t imagine Perry Como, Andy Williams or Johnny Mathis talking to their audiences about scoring heroin. Queue up “White Punks On Dope.”

I had tickets for the Indianapolis show this month, bought the second they went on sale.

It's too bad but hopefully they will work things out with some time.

Word is there are a bunch of nearly completed studio recordings of new songs with the reunited band.

Last edited:
Back