HiRez Poll Jones, Howard - HUMAN'S LIB [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Howard Jones - HUMAN'S LIB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Just listened to this. I'm going to join the chorus and say this is excellently done! Wonderful, immersive mix. Also great to hear this album again after all this time.

(note: I don't have an Atmos setup, so I didn't listen to the 3 tracks in Atmos. I'm guessing some people might be disappointed that there are only 3 tracks in Atmos.)

I'm guessing some people might be disappointed that there are only 3 tracks in Atmos.)
I’ve seen occasional comments that prove your guess correct. IMO, it would have been best to omit the Atmos tracks. One does not have to play them, but their presence detracts a bit from the main point of the release: an album re-envisioned, in stereo, 5.1, and graphically, by the original engineer.

If the incomplete nature of the bonus tracks are going to make some feel shorted, all the more reason to omit them.

This comes from someone who loves Bob Clearmountain’s work!

I’m guessing he was commissioned to do certain tracks for an unrelated project.

I’ve seen occasional comments that prove your guess correct. IMO, it would have been best to omit the Atmos tracks. One does not have to play them, but their presence detracts a bit from the main point of the release: an album re-envisioned, in stereo, 5.1, and graphically, by the original engineer.

If the incomplete nature of the bonus tracks are going to make some feel shorted, all the more reason to omit them.

This comes from someone who loves Bob Clearmountain’s work!

I’m guessing he was commissioned to do certain tracks for an unrelated project.
The liner notes indicate he asked Howard if he could remix some of his hits.

Could be he did it just for the love of it? 🤷‍♂️

Back