HiRez Poll Jones, Howard - HUMAN'S LIB [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Howard Jones - HUMAN'S LIB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Just listened to this. I'm going to join the chorus and say this is excellently done! Wonderful, immersive mix. Also great to hear this album again after all this time.

(note: I don't have an Atmos setup, so I didn't listen to the 3 tracks in Atmos. I'm guessing some people might be disappointed that there are only 3 tracks in Atmos.)

I'm guessing some people might be disappointed that there are only 3 tracks in Atmos.)
I’ve seen occasional comments that prove your guess correct. IMO, it would have been best to omit the Atmos tracks. One does not have to play them, but their presence detracts a bit from the main point of the release: an album re-envisioned, in stereo, 5.1, and graphically, by the original engineer.

If the incomplete nature of the bonus tracks are going to make some feel shorted, all the more reason to omit them.

This comes from someone who loves Bob Clearmountain’s work!

I’m guessing he was commissioned to do certain tracks for an unrelated project.

I’ve seen occasional comments that prove your guess correct. IMO, it would have been best to omit the Atmos tracks. One does not have to play them, but their presence detracts a bit from the main point of the release: an album re-envisioned, in stereo, 5.1, and graphically, by the original engineer.

If the incomplete nature of the bonus tracks are going to make some feel shorted, all the more reason to omit them.

This comes from someone who loves Bob Clearmountain’s work!

I’m guessing he was commissioned to do certain tracks for an unrelated project.
The liner notes indicate he asked Howard if he could remix some of his hits.

Could be he did it just for the love of it? 🤷‍♂️

This project was all set to go, as I had arranged it with Howard and the label. Then at the last minute Howard was staying with his pal Bob C and it felt like a nice opportunity to try a few tracks in Atmos for a special release - and the label and Howard thought it might be a nice idea to also include them in the set. They thought it would be a nice extra feature.

But it seems to have created confusion and also disappointment and diverted the attention away from the whole point of this remake. A distraction. People saying why on earth didn't we do the whole thing in Atmos?

Anyway I totally put my heart and soul into all of this, so I hope that people get the concept and focus of what is going on here!! SWTx

But it seems to have created confusion and also disappointment and diverted the attention away from the whole point of this remake. A distraction. People saying why on earth didn't we do the whole thing in Atmos?

Anyway I totally put my heart and soul into all of this, so I hope that people get the concept and focus of what is going on here!! SWTx

My perspective may be biased as I am not set up for Atmos, only 5.1. Also, while I was familiar with the hits, I had never heard the whole albums before. But I have found both of these releases exceptional and do not regret my purchases in any way. (I am even plugging these releases on my humble little radio show here in Connecticut). If more of HoJo's catalog gets the same treatment, I will certainly buy. These are truly great packages.

Back