HiRez Poll Jones, Howard - HUMAN'S LIB [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Howard Jones - HUMAN'S LIB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Watching and listening to this brilliant insight with Stephen on your YouTube channel Mike.
So nice to see your son taking part and engaging with Stephen.
It's almost like a visual autobiography of Stephens musical, mixing life.
Which I find fascinating.
It's not often we get to hear how the nuts and bolts of albums are put together.
Thankyou :love:
Yes, it's clear that he loves his work, and what could be more important than that! 🙂

Last edited:
I think this is the most unified surround field that I have ever heard. The level matching between the front L, C, R and the rears is critical. I was listening to this album and the music just wasn't making sense. I was getting a little frustrated because all the comments were so positive but I wasn't getting it. Finally I raised the rears and wham!...the music locked into place. A surround field to die for. It truly is wonderful.

Edit: I only slightly raised the volume on the rears. It was a fine line between being not quite right and being perfect.

Last edited:
wOw! It seems as if i've been waiting forever to hear this one (amazon never delivered and ultimately cancelled my order)! Thanks to @mandrix i now can, and it was certainly worth the wait! Thanks to @Stephen W Tayler , this release is an absolute revelation – he really did put his heart and soul into this exquisite labo(u)r of LOVE! This album is an magnificent immersion in synths (discretely placed), with electronic washes cascading over me from all four corners of my surround space. The trippy visuals work really well to underscore both music and lyrics. I wasn't familiar with this album, though "What is Love?" seems to ring a distant bell from the clubbing daze of my youth, but i feel i will be intimate with it because of just how engaging it is in this new collaboration between the original artist and engineer.

If you are a fan of this genre of music, this is a MUST-OWN release. If you are not a fan of the genre, prepare to be won over. My suggestion is to sit down with the book in hand and read along with the track by track commentary from Howard Jones and Stephen W Tayler. And, by all means, be sure to read the excellent essay by Anil Prasad, the title of which says it all for me: "Bend Your Brain: Reimagining Human's Lib in Surround." Jones and Tayler are quoted liberally in the essay, which helped this listener understand just what a passionate project this is for both artists. I couldn't help but be drawn in by their passion. This one will be in MAJOR rotation for me!

An unequivocal and highly deserved 10! Go back and read every effusive review that precedes mine. So much marvelous insight for this marvelous release. I've listened again and again to this beauty throughout the day – it's so damn engaging! Mine is the 34th vote of 10, the only score QQers have awarded this release up to this point!

Last edited:
This is pretty smashing.
I totally missed Howard Jones at the time, I was too much into hard rock and heavy metal to have any interest.
So I am not biased by nostalgy here.
Not only the music is incredible for a first album (and I prefer Human's Lib to Dream Into Action) but the mix is like fireworks in your living room.
It is takes so well advantage of space positions, clarity to the point your listening the record with a microscope. It is like a private special show for you. You end up smiling most of time, and navigate between bewilderment and ecstasy.
Does it say enough I relly like this very very much ?
It is of course a 10.

Back