Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark Doyle - Incense and Peppermints - Out of the Past II
Bob Clearmountan Mixes
Every QQer should own a copy.

Well done, @Guitmark

Thank you for the heads-up! I was not aware of Mark's new release. I just ordered it.

Anyone who has spent time in Central New York over the past 4-5 decades knows of Mark Doyle. He is an ubertalented, consummate musician and his early days performing with musical collaborator, Joe Whiting in Jukin' Bone and the Joe Whiting Band, is the stuff of legends. He is a life-long champion of CNY music and over the years, he has made countless musical contributions across virtually every genre of the local scene. From blues and country, to jazz, rock and New Wave, Mark is right at home in all of them and he naturally excels at any type of music. Like you, I have had the great pleasure of knowing Mark for 30-plus years and I consider him a friend. Folks on this forum who are not familiar with Mark Doyle owe it to themselves to check out his music. You will not be disappointed!

Last edited:
It had been awhile since I listened to this album and forgot how much I liked it. It is one of those albums that got played so much when it first came out and the singles were released, that I had to put it away for awhile.

Same here. Damn, I realise I hadn't played the album in more than 20 years, yes, 20 years, until today, when I decided to check whether I liked it or not after such a long time. The answer is: I still love it! Such iconic songs.

Great video review @edisonbaggins! That was the deciding factor for me. I want this blu-ray so bad but it sucks that there's no way to buy this in Europe other than directly ordering it from the Rhino store, it seems.

Same here. Damn, I realise I hadn't played the album in more than 20 years, yes, 20 years, until today, when I decided to check whether I liked it or not after such a long time. The answer is: I still love it! Such iconic songs.

Great video review @edisonbaggins! That was the deciding factor for me. I want this blu-ray so bad but it sucks that there's no way to buy this in Europe other than directly ordering it from the Rhino store, it seems.
It’s best to buy a bundle as the p&p to europe is the same if you buy one or four, if you don’t fancy the Doors or FM Rumours i’d wait until the next batch in August and add this one on

It’s best to buy a bundle as the p&p to europe is the same if you buy one or four, if you don’t fancy the Doors or FM Rumours i’d wait until the next batch in August and add this one on

Oh, good to know that. I do like The Doors, but generally I'm not interested in compilations. Joni Mitchell is tempting, though (and not available outside the Rhino store either, as far as I know).

Oh, good to know that. I do like The Doors, but generally I'm not interested in compilations. Joni Mitchell is tempting, though (and not available outside the Rhino store either, as far as I know).
Of Rhino’s available new stock I’d be looking at Alanis and Joni. And certain Quadio titles, if the artist and album truly do it, for you.
I personally have no interest in Hootie, and I consider The Doors and Rumours BDs to be duds. Skippers.

Back