Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can rarely add most of the links posted here because I am also in the US. It seems like more than half of the people who regularly post links to Atmos on Apple Music are outside the US. Some albums don't ever get a US release and others are delayed. I wonder if that is your issue for the release in question?

Last edited:
No freaking way:

A note: I have not listened yet: but don’t expect much: this album is technically owned by Warner (knock 1) in the states… and the source is a cassette tape (knock 2) that was attacked by Richards cat (knock 3)

That being said: bring on the more recent Aphex Twin releases please!
Edit: yep, might as well be mono. Hey, it's the thought that counts, though, right?
Edit edit: works better on buds/headphones, which this might be the only album I welcome that style of mixing for, as it very much is a headphone album

Last edited:
Hopefully not too OT: does anyone know of a good/great Rolling Stones Atmos stream (or even 5.1 for that matter) track I can demo to my friend (and carpenter), Brian, who is coming over this afternoon to start the process of moving my on ceiling speakers. Brian is a huge Stones fanatic. I have Goats Head Soup but nothing jumps out at me, and maybe can find the Sympathy surround (am I remembering right?)
TIA

Hopefully not too OT: does anyone have a great Rolling Stones Atmos (or even 5.1 for that matter) track I can demo to my friend (and carpenter), Brian, who is coming over this afternoon to start the process of moving my on ceiling speakers. Brian is a huge Stones fanatic. I have Goat Head Soup but nothing jumps out at me, and maybe can find the Sympathy surround (am I remembering right?)
TIA
I thought "Coming Down Again" and "Heartbreaker" from Goats Head were both pretty good, but the original version of "Sympathy" in 5.1 from the SACD is even better.

Hopefully not too OT: does anyone have a great Rolling Stones Atmos (or even 5.1 for that matter) track I can demo to my friend (and carpenter), Brian, who is coming over this afternoon to start the process of moving my on ceiling speakers. Brian is a huge Stones fanatic. I have Goat Head Soup but nothing jumps out at me, and maybe can find the Sympathy surround (am I remembering right?)
TIA
Sympathy!

Yep. Agreed. I even found the re-mixes of Sympathy to be more interesting and likable than I first anticipated.
Bar low on Stones stuff with more than two channels. My favorite next to Sympathy is Brussels Affair, a live quad conversion, that I don't even remember where I got it from.

Thanks; found it (with some forum member's help :) ). I'll play Sympathy then blow him away with some great Atmos stuff. BTW, although it's been mentioned before, this mix is crazy fun
1673294394211.png

Bar low on Stones stuff with more than two channels. My favorite next to Sympathy is Brussels Affair, a live quad conversion, that I don't even remember where I got it from.
I was listening to HONK recently. It’s in ATMOS but something terribly wrong Very bad distortion. Anyone else have this happen?

Back