Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No freaking way:

A note: I have not listened yet: but don’t expect much: this album is technically owned by Warner (knock 1) in the states… and the source is a cassette tape (knock 2) that was attacked by Richards cat (knock 3)

That being said: bring on the more recent Aphex Twin releases please!
Edit: yep, might as well be mono. Hey, it's the thought that counts, though, right?
Edit edit: works better on buds/headphones, which this might be the only album I welcome that style of mixing for, as it very much is a headphone album
Damn this is one of my all time favorites and obviously a classic, hoping this leads the way to having more Aphex albums in Atmos even if this isn't a crazy atmos mix. I think an album like Syro or Drukqs would be much better suited for Atmos.

Last edited:
It's very good. Why?
Ken Caillat.
Ken was the original producer, or the ATMOS mix producer, or both?

I’m giving it a first listen in ATMOS. Sounds great, the snare drum sounds like a real snare drum! Lots of space for all the jangly guitars. The harmonies are really present and detail. Outstanding!

This was a magical recording back then, and this new mix serves it well. Love it.

Ken was the original producer, or the ATMOS mix producer, or both?

I’m giving it a first listen in ATMOS. Sounds great, the snare drum sounds like a real snare drum! Lots of space for all the jangly guitars. The harmonies are really present and detail. Outstanding!

This was a magical recording back then, and this new mix serves it well. Love it.
I was referring to Immersive Mix Engineer credit on Tidal.

I don't get any response (or I didn't wait long enough for one) when I try searching for M83 on Apple Music,
Yeah, this is strange. Even though I restarted the A4KTV, when I search for M83 on Apple Music, nothing is returned, just a blank screen. If I search for any other artist, I get immediate results.

Seems like we are out of the holiday drought of no new mixes. Just woke up, checked the app, and here are a few:

Notably, De La Soul has been absent from streaming, stereo or Atmos due to contract disputes with their label and sample clearance issues. They just announced last week that their whole catalog should be up on streaming in March. Maybe this is a hint that it will be Atmos too?

With this, I believe every The Weeknd album is in Atmos.

And the new Orbital album has a new single, and both are available in Atmos

Seems like we are out of the holiday drought of no new mixes. Just woke up, checked the app, and here are a few:

Notably, De La Soul has been absent from streaming, stereo or Atmos due to contract disputes with their label and sample clearance issues. They just announced last week that their whole catalog should be up on streaming in March. Maybe this is a hint that it will be Atmos too?

With this, I believe every The Weeknd album is in Atmos.

And the new Orbital album has a new single, and both are available in Atmos
The Orbital album is going to be so EPIC! I love that electronic 90s sound.
I was late to the party with the Sleafords Mods collab on “Dirty Rat” (Heard it only last week). It has KLF/Anne Clark vibes with sleafords mods “punch to the face” lyrics.

Last edited:

Haven't listened to it yet, but fingers crossed. Supposedly the entire album is/will be available (it's the first featured item on the "Spatial Audio" page):

So...I've been REALLY getting into electronic stuff that I'd never heard before (shame on me) but that Atmos has turned me onto in a BIG immersive way. I'm talking great Atmos mixes from Booka Shade, Air and some snippets of more ambient electronica (always been into Eno so that's not a new one) Does anyone have addtl Atmos recommendations in this genre? I tend to go buy the TrueHD (bluray) once I'm hooked, but Apple Music is so great for discovering and demoing. I'm all ears. :)

Last edited:
Back