Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I know there is an Atmos God!!

I've been following Royksopp for the past 21 years and I hoped and prayed that they would embrace Dolby Atmos..

Well, thay have now and these are fantastic.

I first heard them via a TV advert for T-mobile in 2002 with the song 'So Easy'
Cheers Haiky....you've made my day. :LB
Cheers, my pleasure!

My first was Poor Leno vid, through a DVD supplement for a local mag, I think.

Fingers crossed they puffball more stuff.

Is anyone keeping a database of available releases somewhere (like is being done yearly for physical releases)? Or is that something worth creating?

For Tidal, yes, there are tools.

"Albums" - this list is new releases, as in brand new albums - not albums that are old and re-done in Atmos.
"Just Released" - this list are albums that are not new, but re-done in Atmos.
Both lists go back 1 year.

For Apple Music, 2 ways I can think of. Simplest way is to go to the Atmos landing page and expand "Now in Spatial Audio", but the listing only goes back to July 2022 or so, but combines both new releases and re-releases, which is nice. Ben Dodson's Spatial Audio Twitter feed is neat too.

Last edited:
New Featured Artist: De La Soul!
View attachment 89212
I've made it through the first four classic albums so far, and I'm loving them. I find the mixes a little uneven, both within albums and from one album to the next, but they're always at least serviceable and sometimes really imaginative. Mostly it's just fabulous to be getting reacquainted with these records, which are crazy good and not dated at all.

Here's a great retrospective guide by Oliver Wang, just published at NPR Music:
https://www.npr.org/2023/03/03/1160667344/de-la-soul-streaming-guide

Back